Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: QBB 97 Light Support Weapon

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I don't see it that way. I see good natured banter between gun enthusiastes!!! Lots of info between both of them! Maybe if they both have contacts back on the mainland they can team up and turn it into a T97 go to source for scopers, slings, bipods , drum mags?? All the stuff we are looking for??? All original PLA issue of course. No knock off stuff!!!
    Unfortunately GUB, as you can see forums is the place where dreams and hopes die, where good natured banter turn into flame wars and personal attacks. I do have contacts back in the mainland to get certain accessories, uniforms, etc. However, I'm pretty sure it's said connections that attracted these trolls. "OMGS He's got connections with the communist party he must be a commie bastard let's get him boys!"

*shake my head*

Quote Originally Posted by TOKNE View Post
    I love chinese food....... and guns!
    mmmmm Chinese food

CGN Regular
    Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS THREAD. Seriously.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cifyra View Post
    Unfortunately GUB, as you can see forums is the place where dreams and hopes die, where good natured banter turn into flame wars and personal attacks. I do have contacts back in the mainland to get certain accessories, uniforms, etc. However, I'm pretty sure it's said connections that attracted these trolls. "OMGS He's got connections with the communist party he must be a commie bastard let's get him boys!"

*shake my head*
    Don't get discouraged!! A while back I was getting slammed for suggesting a sponsor have a "SUPER SALE". And guess what? The sponsor is now having a "AMMO SUPER SALE"!!!!This has been a good thread and don't forget most are the silent majority. People that don't like the thread,comments or the poster!!! "JUST DON'T READ THE THREAD"

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Don't get discouraged!! A while back I was getting slammed for suggesting a sponsor have a "SUPER SALE". And guess what? The sponsor is now having a "AMMO SUPER SALE"!!!!This has been a good thread and don't forget most are the silent majority. People that don't like the thread,comments or the poster!!! "JUST DON'T READ THE THREAD"
    Alright, I speak for the "silent majority" (as you put it). The OP was asking if the QBB97 was coming into Canada.. it isn't. Not now, not ever.

Also, a store having a sale is hardly a victory; stores do that from time to time! Bringing a "new" gun into the market is a completely different story.

END THE FED (I mean, the THREAD).

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bracketman View Post
    Alright, I speak for the "silent majority" (as you put it). The OP was asking if the QBB97 was coming into Canada.. it isn't. Not now, not ever.

Also, a store having a sale is hardly a victory; stores do that from time to time! Bringing a "new" gun into the market is a completely different story.

END THE FED (I mean, the THREAD).
    I wonder, how many people like you after the first Type 97 ban said Type 97 would never come to Canada, not now, not ever? If we don't try how will we get anything here in this anti-gun atmosphere? It is precisely this kind of thinking that contributes to the antis and fudds in depriving us of our liberty. By slamming a suggestion for a new firearm on the *sole* criteria that "it'll be too scary for RCMP approval" does nothing for our cause. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cifyra View Post
    I wonder, how many people like you after the first Type 97 ban said Type 97 would never come to Canada, not now, not ever? If we don't try how will we get anything here in this anti-gun atmosphere? It is precisely this kind of thinking that contributes to the antis and fudds in depriving us of our liberty. By slamming a suggestion for a new firearm on the *sole* criteria that "it'll be too scary for RCMP approval" does nothing for our cause. A house divided against itself cannot stand.
    I don't think the issue is that it's too scary; after all, the RCMP did classify the NSR as NR. The issue is that not enough people see the appeal of a firearm way too similar to one we have now. Why pay a few hundred dollars more for a rifle, when you can just get the lower cost one and put a cheap bi-pod on it? Sure, the barrel is different, but compared to say, an AK and an RPK, there's just less appeal.

You have to think business as well. Bringing in new firearms in Canada costs money. Does a company want to put in the required time and effort to bring in these rifles? To them, is it worth it?

I'm all for getting new stuff, but there's just more at stake here than we may realize.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Question for you guys that have knowledge of the Chinese guns.
    Do you think Canada Ammo could get their version of the 97 with the lower that has a forehand pistolgrip built into the trigger guard like this one? Seems like a better design to me?
    Was this an earlier design? If it was earlier......why did they change it?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Corps View Post
    I don't think the issue is that it's too scary; after all, the RCMP did classify the NSR as NR. The issue is that not enough people see the appeal of a firearm way too similar to one we have now. Why pay a few hundred dollars more for a rifle, when you can just get the lower cost one and put a cheap bi-pod on it? Sure, the barrel is different, but compared to say, an AK and an RPK, there's just less appeal.

You have to think business as well. Bringing in new firearms in Canada costs money. Does a company want to put in the required time and effort to bring in these rifles? To them, is it worth it?

I'm all for getting new stuff, but there's just more at stake here than we may realize.
    The compromise would be bringing in a few conversion kits. Still can't see how that won't make business sense, as it's low risk and a few of us here would definitely grab one. If it's all that risky just do pre-orders, it's not even a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Question for you guys that have knowledge of the Chinese guns.
    Do you think Canada Ammo could get their version of the 97 with the lower that has a forehand pistolgrip built into the trigger guard like this one? Seems like a better design to me?
    Was this an earlier design? If it was earlier......why did they change it?
    The fact that they omitted the front grip for the upgraded Type 95-1 as well might be the same reason why US Army and Marine Corps omitted full-auto on their rifles. Perhaps they thought soldiers using the trigger guard as grip would make less accurate shots compared to a firm hold at the handguard portion of the rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Cifyra, I don't see any reason a person couldn't choose to use the handguard as the grip or the trigger guard grip with the pictured model....nice to have options for different scenarios.

I'd love to see that lower combined with the Upper that Frank's team is making.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast