Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ammo Now in Stock 7.62x54 and 7.62x25 Non-Corrosive

Quote Originally Posted by BR427 View Post
    Probably not the right place to post this, but we have a super new place to shoot in NFLD., Complete Gunsmithing has a new 5 lane range opened here and it's a great place to shoot. It's the best range since Magnum in the nineties. It's about time that we Newfies had a real range again, Thank You Jason.
    you are correct, it is not the right place. What made you think it was?

CGN frequent flyer

Question corrosive or non corrosive?

I presume the test results are in by now, and the verdict is ?????????????
    big bear

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big bear View Post
    I presume the test results are in by now, and the verdict is ?????????????
    Non-corrosive, never any doubt

I thought Norinco ammunition was no longer coming in..? What'd I miss?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news... But I went out and finally tried some of this 54r and it does indeed seem to be corrosive... Left 2 of my mint bore SVT40 in the safe for the past week-ish thinking nothing of it and just pulled them out for a cleaning only the find the barrels in both are FULL OF FUZZY NASTY RUST..

Pretty dissapointed right now... I bought 2 cases of this stuff and just devalued both of my SVT's significantly. I don't think they are going to clean up very well.

Quote Originally Posted by arcane303 View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news... But I went out and finally tried some of this 54r and it does indeed seem to be corrosive... Left 2 of my mint bore SVT40 in the safe for the past week-ish thinking nothing of it and just pulled them out for a cleaning only the find the barrels in both are FULL OF FUZZY NASTY RUST..

Pretty dissapointed right now... I bought 2 cases of this stuff and just devalued both of my SVT's significantly. I don't think they are going to clean up very well.
    I tested it myself as non-corrosive, and our staff have used it in quantity, so I really don't know what to tell you. Maybe send me a pic of the tin and we will check the lot numbers in case there was a mix up in the shipping. Also please send me your order number.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    I tested it myself as non-corrosive, and our staff have used it in quantity, so I really don't know what to tell you. Maybe send me a pic of the tin and we will check the lot numbers in case there was a mix up in the shipping. Also please send me your order number.
    I'll do that tonight after work. This is the case from my first order.. Order #3973370

I also don't know what to tell you... Never had a problem with any other Norinco ammo that said it was non corrosive. And neither of these SVT40's have ever seen corrosive ammo since refurb as I've only owned them since June 10th when I received them from Weimajack (with spotless bores). Put about 20-30 rounds through each with this ammo and now they're both rusty as hell. I paid a premium for the 1940 Izhevsk too...

Hmmm, I just ordered a case of this 7.62X54R stuff myself from Cam Ammo, so I hope it WAS a mix up in shipping and the stuff we're supposed to get is NOT corrosive.
    I have a pristine 1941 Tula, and I too have no intention to run corrosive stuff through it, even as religious about cleaning as I am.
    Can Ammo, please advise that this indeed was a mix up, or else I have no use for this ammo.

Arcane303, hope you can scrub that stuff out of your Izhevsk OK. Sometimes the crud only gathers on the surface and you can use a good solvent with a bore brush to remove it with care and neutralize it, if you get right at it. And then oil it real good. Best of luck.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    Hmmm, I just ordered a case of this 7.62X54R stuff myself from Cam Ammo, so I hope it WAS a mix up in shipping and the stuff we're supposed to get is NOT corrosive.
    I have a pristine 1941 Tula, and I too have no intention to run corrosive stuff through it, even as religious about cleaning as I am.
    Can Ammo, please advise that this indeed was a mix up, or else I have no use for this ammo.

Arcane303, hope you can scrub that stuff out of your Izhevsk OK. Sometimes the crud only gathers on the surface and you can use a good solvent with a bore brush to remove it with care and neutralize it, if you get right at it. And then oil it real good. Best of luck.
    Cheers.
    Yes, once we have the info, I will report here.

Any idea if and when 7.62x51 will be coming your way?