Thread: Need info on "TANFOGLIO Model L"

Need info on "TANFOGLIO Model L"

Hello, I am looking for more info on the TANFOGLIO Model L. How does it compare to the CZ? Or the more expensive Tan models. I am already familiar with the Jericho 941, and have many mags I was hoping were compatible with the Model L. There seems to be very little about this model online. I am just starting in IPSC, and this would be for competition and home defense.
    Thanks for any help!

I had 2 of those that i still regret selling
    Compared to CZ ....The L have the ajustable supersight which is really + . the trigger is a bit heavy compared to CZ but that can be arranged with a Grauffel Hammer and firing pin, 13 lbs hammer spring
    as for the mag they are compatible as far as i know cause the jericho 941 is build in tanfoglio factory and assembled in Israel (correct me if i'm wrong Sean)
    As for accuracy it beat any shadow i know of .....and the parts doesn't break as much as the CZ

Oh yea ,,,,it feed anything from 90 gr super fast bullet to the heavy 147gr
    Rule book NAZI should be banned
    IPSC is fun without A@# holes

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum......

CGN frequent flyer
    Jericho has an od place for safety which in ipsc it might not be the best thing. I would say go with a Tanf or CZ both are great guns. Tanfo have much better mags the cz, CZ is also very popular so parts and mods are cheap. Most people will not see anything go wrong with a cz until 20k rounds go through it.

Thanks Phil and Happy. I know Sean is really busy, hope to hear from him on this. I may email him after a few days, in case he missed this post.

I have had one in 45acp for a year, great gun, no problem with the mags, changed out the front sight for fibre optic. it's a heavy gun in 45 but not much muzzle flip for a big calibre. this one is a keeper.

Phil, did yours have front cocking serrations?

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Thanks Phil and Happy. I know Sean is really busy, hope to hear from him on this. I may email him after a few days, in case he missed this post.
    Hi Stech.

I saw the post, but I wanted some non-biased (ie. owners) to chime in and tell their opinions first.

My opinion of the "L" is that it was definitelya superior to the gun to CZ across the board with the exception of the trigger pull.
    (Tang with their short mainspring were much more difficult to get a light trigger out of in the past - Eric seems to have made that a lot easier)

As mentioned; adjustable sights, a heavier gun - long slide - higher beavertail - all great features.

The problem with the gun currently is that the Euro has launched itself into space (1.52 today) which makes the L more expensive than when we started bringing them in and actually prices it out of the market - hence the reason we've chosen to not import more until the Euro settles closer to the cdn dollar.

As of today, I have one 9 and a couple 40s left. They're priced based on back when the Euro was in the 1.3 range. After they are gone, it will be a while before more come in.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

Email sent.
    Last edited by Stech; 05-06-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Email sent.
    Will reply this AM, Stech. Thanks.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maurice's Avatar
    I have the P40-L,....excellent gun...a keeper. It takes just about all the same parts as the Stock2 and stock3. Grips,..sights, etc. Softer shooting than you would think,...this is a heavy gun.
    It is also a small frame 9mm and .40 gun,...ie, same mags as the stock2 and stock3 small frame...however,...I am not sure about the mag release. The ledge is different,..ie; with the extended mag release from the Limited Custom, etc...I think it works, however the mag release fromthe stock 2 small frame will not work, it makes the mag sit either too high or too low (I don't have the guns in front of me to confirm.)
    IMHO, with polishing and go fast Xtreme parts, this is an excellent production gun in 9mm, and perhaps a great gun for 3 gun in .40. It has a rail as well for lights and lasers.
    HOT DOGS GIVE ME ENERGY, SO I CAN FIGHT OFF MY DEMONS