Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tale of 2 pistols from Prophet....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    Nice shooting JP. Let me know when you're heading at the RN. I would like to try that DE with the iron sights @ 25y and up.

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan View Post
    Nice shooting JP. Let me know when you're heading at the RN. I would like to try that DE with the iron sights @ 25y and up.
    Will do... JP.

BANNED
    Does the recoil affect adjustment, etc? I've never tried my .50 with any optics. I have had successful accuracy at 25 yards with it, but I was always curious. Does it hold up OK?

Cannon

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Cannon View Post
    Does the recoil affect adjustment, etc? I've never tried my .50 with any optics. I have had successful accuracy at 25 yards with it, but I was always curious. Does it hold up OK?

Cannon
    The Hensolt did hold perfectly, i expect the Leupold Delta Point to hold to, those are quality dot, i would be scare to try a TR-25 or a Sparc... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    nice gear

I dont like the look of optics on pistols, but I understand that they help perform better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryogen View Post
    nice gear

I dont like the look of optics on pistols, but I understand that they help perform better though.
    The optics are mainly for shooting at 50 and 100 yards with the DE... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Have you tried the 44 mag so far at 100? how does it group there?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryogen View Post
    Have you tried the 44 mag so far at 100? how does it group there?
    Over the bags, iv'e got from 6 to 8 inch 5 shots groups, would be good for hunting... JP.

Those optics can take 40g's or better, of course they will hold zero. I don't like the leupold, its too hard to find the triangle, and it reflects off both glass surfaces. I think you will find you can acquire the target more quickly with the hensold than with the luepold, although the leupy looks better.

As for guys questioning groups, my guess is most have never been to the range with capable shooters. Every once in a while a guy comes along who can shoot the mites off a fly's back. Those guys exist and are fun to shoot with. We have one that shoots at our range, and nobody believes he can shoot like he does,,,,,, until they see it. They shut up pretty quick. We have world class comp shooters at our range as well, who don't shoot as well. These extremely gifted shooters do exist. JP's shooting is not outlandish, and is completely within the realm of possible, and probable.

Nice groups!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123