Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some new pistols

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maxman1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t3dd13 View Post
    Interested in the Enfield No2 MK1 Revolvers in 38 S&W finished Good - VG. May I ask what's the VERSION is 1* double action ONLY or double action/ single action with spurred hammer?
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Shmoo View Post
    Curious as to the enfields as well; No2 Mk1 with a spurred hammer?
    The No. 2 Mk. 1 was single action/double action with a normal hammer.

The No. 2 Mk. 1* was the double action only version, with a bobbed hammer and no sear.

Additionally, the DAO modification was not done exclusively for armoured corps, as this could be done by armourers (and the hammer spur is less likely to be caught on a hatch than the butt). It would also not require eliminating the sear, which prevents it from being cocked if a standard hammer were installed. This alteration was done because of a doctrine change favouring higher volume of fire over carefully aimed shots.
    Last edited by maxman1; 05-19-2014 at 02:13 AM.

CGN Regular
    Is the Star Model B a Russian Capture?

CGN Regular
    I believe they were contracted by Nazis from Spain as a sanitized pistol to be issued to cooks/clerks /mechanics etc.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    I believe they were contracted by Nazis from Spain as a sanitized pistol to be issued to cooks/clerks /mechanics etc.
    That's what I understand as well, however the Russians captured a fair amount of these Pistol's, so these may be from that source. Just wondering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12