Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MagWedge gen1 SKS KwikRail … SOLD OUT

Quote Originally Posted by MagWedge Industries View Post
    ShotgunNut your stuff went out tonight .... will send tracking tomorrow.
    K, Thanks again.
    I reserve the right to reserve my rights.

This seems like a great rail. It fit nice I just had to carve a small amount of material out of one side of the stock, no problems with the fit. This is just a test fit.
    I reserve the right to reserve my rights.

Rail showed up yesterday! So far looks like a great fit. may have to do some fine tuning to the stock assembly for a perfect fit. Overall, I am really inpressed with the quality of the piece and with the excellent service from your company. Looking forward to doing more business with you!

CGN frequent flyer

NICE Rail!

Put the gen1 rails on the other day...I really like them...very well done MagWedge! I did replace the ring on the SS pin with nylon cord, which is quieter. Just got a set of MI fold down sights off the EE and will look for another set of identical sights for the other. Will mount identical reflex sights on this nifty rail this winter. Thanks again!

Attachment 12997
    Reloading isn't a hobby, it's a religion!

Out of curiosity, I'm currently running a wartak rail, are there any differences other than the crop above the bolt?

gen 1 = problems and do not buy, gen 2 = they fixed them and charge more for the one with less/no problems

Business Member MagWedge Industries's Avatar
    Well I suppose I should introduce some facts here.

The gen 2 has had no issues. It is a superior product to anything in the marketplace, full stop. It is better designed, better finished and better built than anything else available, no holds barred.

The main issue with the gen 1 has been breakage due to improper installation. The weld can break if stressed due to improper assembly.

At times the distance between the rear sight base mounting point and the rear receiver hole is slightly too close or too far apart. When this is the case the correct procedure is to slightly enlarge the hole in the mounting bracket to increase the allowance forward or back as necessary. I would expect in most cases a very small amount of material will need removing and this can be done with a file.

However, sometimes people decide to force fit the rails by bending them ever so slightly to get the rear holes to match up. This causes stress on the weld and can lead to breakage. We have sold hundreds of these rails and very few have been returned for this issue.

That being said , we wanted a fool proof product so decided to clear out the gen 1 versions at a great price, so people who wanted to check the system out could do so quite affordably. At this time the supply of gen 1 rails is almost depleted and only the gen 2 will be available in a matter of a week or two.

I would suggest that the marketplace is telling the full story on this product line.

Quote Originally Posted by Cone_Skid_Cone View Post
    Out of curiosity, I'm currently running a wartak rail, are there any differences other than the crop above the bolt?
    The Wartak rail is a two piece design with a screw holding the two parts together. My concern with this design is that a screw will back off slowly over time and cause loss of zero, perhaps without the shooter realizing it for some time. Our premium grade (gen2) rail is a single piece of aluminum with no joins. The Magwedge Kwik Rail features a groove down the centre which allows use of the front sight in an emergency. Our design also sits lower on the reciever, affording a better cheek weld.

Those are the most significant differences aside from cosmetics ... and I think ours looks better too!

All out of the gen1 at $69.95, gen2 selling for $119.95 now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234