Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 313151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Factory Threaded Barrel Glocks - 19, 23, 21SF, and 17!

Mines done. I should have it Friday and that will be exactly 2 weeks from when I paid.
    Welcome to Alberta! The patron province of shootin stuff!

I just received my new G19 Gen 3 with Threaded Barrel. It is a beauty!
    However, I notice the finish on the slide is the same as GLOCK are now applying to the Gen 4 pistols (more of a matte finish). I was hoping it would have the darker / original finish on the Gen 3 pistols.

In addition, I seem to be having a tough time ejecting the magazine. And when I manage to depress the mag release button (which is stiff as hell), the magazines do not drop freely. I have to physically pull the magazine out. I notice the mags that GLOCK supplied are Gen 4 mags.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue with the mag's not dropping freely? I've tried other Glock mags including other Gen 3 and Gen 4, but still have this issue.

Any advice would be much appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by BATCAN View Post
    However, I notice the finish on the slide is the same as GLOCK are now applying to the Gen 4 pistols (more of a matte finish). I was hoping it would have the darker / original finish on the Gen 3 pistols.

In addition, I seem to be having a tough time ejecting the magazine. And when I manage to depress the mag release button (which is stiff as hell), the magazines do not drop freely. I have to physically pull the magazine out. I notice the mags that GLOCK supplied are Gen 4 mags.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue with the mag's not dropping freely? I've tried other Glock mags including other Gen 3 and Gen 4, but still have this issue.

Still new. May take a few rounds to loosen her up, my first 19 I bought a few years ago was the same way, but even now after 15,000 rounds it still won't release properly if I don't hit the mag release just right. Extended mag release will be a quick and cheap fix.
    Welcome to Alberta! The patron province of shootin stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by BATCAN View Post

Gunnie is right about the quick fix. I put the lone wolf extended mag release and it does the trick.

My mags drop freely but to make sure I put on an extended mag release.

Got mixed feelings about the new slide finish. Although not as nice and wear resistant, the feel and grip is amazing. After cleaning both my glocks my hands were still oily I had no issues racking the slide whereas the older finish I would really have to grip the slide.

Got my glocks waiting for me at home waiting for me to get home and give them some love.
    If only war was waged with hockey sticks and pucks, I would be whirlwind of destruction

Finally got my new toy. Damn my new G23 is a nice piece of work. Just love it.... Many thanks to the gang at Wanstalls for all of their hard work. This was my second pistol purchase from Wanstalls and it won't be the last..
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

thank receive my g19 today!

2 bullet test in the package, now my turn shoot it
    Where the stars shine at night!

Whohoo! Free brass!!
    "Are you silly? I’m still gonna send it..."
    -Larry Enticer

Got my G19 out to PoCo range yesterday. Love this pistol. Suppressor sights took a little bit to get used to, but i figured it out =)

Took my Sig 229 out as well for comparison, I've owned the Sig for almost 5 years and this is my first Glock (and striker fired pistol for that matter) and I was shooting the Glock more accurately (consistently) .

Thanks again Wanstalls