Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tavor replacement bolt catch?

You should really make spare parts kits for Tavors and make them available at the stores that sell Tavors, or maybe even open your website to the rest of us and have a small section where we can order parts and pay directly without having to contact you for every single thing. Most people spent close to $3000 on these guns out the door after tax, so I would say you really should help us out here a bit and make it a little easier to get our hands on parts. You get to make extra money while at the same time keeping the customers happy.

Cheers.
    Last edited by SantaClawz; 05-25-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Yep - I'm in for a new 18.5 barrel and a bolt catch... And a spring kit...
    I read Guns and Ammo... And sometimes even Playboy.

Quote Originally Posted by jhmotorhead99 View Post
    Yep - I'm in for a new 18.5 barrel and a bolt catch... And a spring kit...
    Same here. We need parts badly.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Why are 3000$ guns needing spare parts so badly do these things break/ wear down after a year or something too many people begging for tavor parts. Seems weird for such an expensive gun
    Am I missing something?

It is sad to think of spending almost $3,000 on the riffle, then you'll have to spend $300-$400 on a decent trigger, then you'll be looking for parts that are hard to find. I was going back and forth on weather to buy a Tavor or not. Now I'm glad I didn't buy one.
    "Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge_DL View Post
    It is sad to think of spending almost $3,000 on the riffle, then you'll have to spend $300-$400 on a decent trigger, then you'll be looking for parts that are hard to find. I was going back and forth on weather to buy a Tavor or not. Now I'm glad I didn't buy one.
    In all honesty sarge, I think that this is not that big of a deal, you make it sound like you specifically are holding back because of parts. If that is what bothers you, I am sure NS would be more than happy to take your list of required parts and special order them from IWI on the next shipment that they send out of israel.

The bolt catches will be here, just give it time.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    Why are 3000$ guns needing spare parts so badly do these things break/ wear down after a year or something too many people begging for tavor parts. Seems weird for such an expensive gun
    Am I missing something?
    lamborghinis have spare parts... Just because it costs 3k you think it shouldn't need parts? Pretty weird way of thinking!

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 00aught View Post
    lamborghinis have spare parts... Just because it costs 3k you think it shouldn't need parts? Pretty weird way of thinking!
    Dumb answer... Seems people are avoiding what I'm getting at here correct me if I'm wrong because I don't own one. You say lambos need spare parts, my response to that is yeah I agree when they break or something wears out and needs replacing. Are you telling me your 3000 tavor after one or 2 years of use has worn out or broken parts? Because that's what I'm taking from your answer you don't replace a bolt catch if its not broken or functioning as it should.

Mine runs like a clock.... Nothing has broken... it's been about 1.5 yrs and as expected...
    Any parts are going to be the same parts 5 years from now as 10.
    Anybody got a problem with me wasting my money on my favourite NR rifle.... The same guy(s) who thinks buying a spare bolt catch is ridiculous has 5000rnds in the basement - haha.
    What's funnier - stock piling fuel or parts - how about neither....

Customize the thing or don't....
    It's a fact that after a year you'll probably change something just for the fun of it... Because you can.
    I read Guns and Ammo... And sometimes even Playboy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmotorhead99 View Post
    The same guy(s) who thinks buying a spare bolt catch is ridiculous has 5000rnds in the basement - haha.
    What's funnier - stock piling fuel or parts - how about neither....
    Stockpile Both.

Haha
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast