Thread: Type 97NSR now available with T97.ca FTU!!!

Type 97NSR now available with T97.ca FTU!!!

Hi CGNer's,

A few months ago we promised a new configuration of the Type 97NSR.

We have partnered with Frank and his team at T97.ca, and are now offering the Type 97NSR with the FTU upper already installed, with a full factory warranty.

We are pleased to annouce that the first shipment has arrived, and we are very pleased with the results. This setup is a great alternative for those who have been on the fence with the T97 NSR, but didn't like the factory sight setup. Or those that didn't want to make the attemp at installing the FTU themselves.

These firearms are now available to order through your local dealer.

MSRP will be $1399

Here is a link to http://www.t97.ca website for more photos and videos.

Thanks,

When they release the lower version, will you guys team up to do the full Type 97 changed, if so i better start saving
    "Optimists these days learn English, pessimists learn Chinese, but realists learn how to operate an AK-47."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    While I have known this was in the works for a while, I am not happy with the price point. I feel a whole lot more would sell at the 1300-1350 price point. At this rate the fully converted from factory rifle will almost have to run $1800. That is about Tavor SAR territory. Speaking of which, I may just buy a SAR once the NR 18.5" barrels arrive.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    While I have known this was in the works for a while, I am not happy with the price point. I feel a whole lot more would sell at the 1300-1350 price point. At this rate the fully converted from factory rifle will almost have to run $1800. That is about Tavor SAR territory. Speaking of which, I may just buy a SAR once the NR 18.5" barrels arrive.
    It looks fair to me. Basically, you're paying $71 to have a gunsmith put on the FTU for you ($999 + $329 + $71 to install).
    Not bad...

Aren't Tavors $2700 - $2800?
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    The price is OK for people that don't have a hacksaw and some basic tools and ability.

For the rest of us..... not so much.

North Sylva,

Were any other changes made to the current batch of imports based on some of the issues with the first batch?

Also your post suggests that anyone installing an FTU on their own is voiding their warranty. Is this true?

What is covered by the warranty anyways?
    Last edited by Can-down; 05-14-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    It looks fair to me. Basically, you're paying $71 to have a gunsmith put on the FTU for you ($999 + $329 + $71 to install).
    Not bad...

Aren't Tavors $2700 - $2800?
    The SAR is the US version. It can be seen as low as 1650 usd. Of coarse they are restricted due to barrel length.

The canadian non-restricted Tavors can be found as cheap as $2600 cad at GP tactical.

Used tavors are like 2200-2400 usually.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

I paid $950+tax for the T97. My bill for the the FTU was approx. $400. NS is charging $50 for the install. There is your $1399. To me it is the price it should be, of course if I did not already have the setup I might feel differently.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    When you say fully converted rifle, do you mean including the Lower Hand Guard currently in development? Is there a price point for that yet? As an early adoptee, I got the T97 for 950 and FTU for 299, now waiting for the LHG, am on the first list for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by baldabe View Post
    When you say fully converted rifle, do you mean including the Lower Hand Guard currently in development? Is there a price point for that yet? As an early adoptee, I got the T97 for 950 and FTU for 299, now waiting for the LHG, am on the first list for that too.
    Yup, you understood what I meant. I have yet to buy either the FTU or get on a list for the LHG as I am waiting for NS to annouce how they intend to deal with my barrel gouge...
    Last edited by onetwentyish; 05-15-2014 at 11:53 AM.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA