Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mags for SAF guns... any chance of getting metal mags in?

CGN Regular
    Discardable magazines! Just like very expensive clips...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    To be honest we've only had to replace 3 or 4 mags out of the entire batch we brought in. Not sure why all of yours have been damaged.

They apparently don't produce the polymer mags anymore. Only metal magazines. Price for the metal ones has jumped significantly, retail will be $99.
    Lol, there's probably a reason they don't make these mags anymore

I'm sure I'm not alone, it's just that most of us just sigh, toss the mag when it breaks, and use other mags. Unfortunately these are all I had... I thought 4 would be enough when I bought the gun.

Wait... you've replaced mags?? In that case, I'll happily trade mine in! Heck, I'll even trade my broken ones in for a discount on replacement metal ones. As will Boomer686, I suspect!!
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yank View Post
    Personally I would be happy to get them at that price!
    I wouldn't be happy about that price... but I'd still buy at least four. My gun's pretty much useless without mags.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

Well people were paying almost that much for pmags during the "shortage", Beowolf mags go for around that much. God forbid these were made by H&K! I do understand your point though.

Bring in the metal mags please.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    The only thing stopping me from purchasing SAF/ Famae products, is the lack of reasonable magazine availability. Frankly, I won't take the leap until that is solved, and it is unreasonable to expect consumers to fork out that sort of money, without providing appropriate customer support.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    The only thing stopping me from purchasing SAF/ Famae products, is the lack of reasonable magazine availability. Frankly, I won't take the leap until that is solved, and it is unreasonable to expect consumers to fork out that sort of money, without providing appropriate customer support.
    yank has the most epic mag hunt post I have ever seen, and stopped me and my brother from considering these guns, despite having given TI many thousands of dollars.
    I hope they can fix this.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

CGN Regular
    Do they even make a metal 9mm mag? Only metal ones I've seen are the 40cal ones and none of those are coming in.

Did some one try to convert existing one like uzi mag???

Im waiting for Tactical Imports ... to support what they sell and say ... "send us your mags we'll warranty them" ???

Quote Originally Posted by CobraGT View Post
    Any chance you can get metal mags in for the SAF guns? I won't be able to shoot mine much longer, as all 4 of my mags are FUBAR'd to one degree or another. They haven't been abused, just in and out of the range bag, and used at the range for maybe 250 rounds each (I've got about a thousand rounds through the gun), and the feed lips on all of them are damaged to some extent. Obviously I don't want to buy more polymer mags (even if I could find them) just to have the same problem down the road. Thanks in advance!

Edited to add: would metal Taurus MT-9 mags be compatible with the SAF, if they would be easier to find for import?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast