Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mags for SAF guns... any chance of getting metal mags in?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    TI! Any updates? Still waiting for word... Can no longer shoot my gun, as my last serviceable mag no longer works. Even if you don't have replacements yet, an update would be appreciated.

This thread is nearly a year old, at this point... still waiting...
    Last edited by CobraGT; 03-28-2015 at 06:32 PM.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

OK, after a bit of work on the follower, it seems that Colt 9mm AR mags can be made to function, at least at home with dummy ammo. Now to see how they work at the range...

My thread on the mags:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...dable-solution
    Last edited by CobraGT; 05-27-2015 at 09:27 PM.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraGT View Post
    OK, after a bit of work on the follower, it seems that Colt 9mm AR mags can be made to function, at least at home with dummy ammo. Now to see how they work at the range...
    Got my rra pistol mags to work. No mods with magwell grip. I'd have no worries about cutting a notch in 5/32 colt metal mags for dual service in my ar and saf.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraGT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Got my rra pistol mags to work. No mods with magwell grip. I'd have no worries about cutting a notch in 5/32 colt metal mags for dual service in my ar and saf.
    This is good news guys. I asked this a few times with negative feedback about the possibility of LAR mags working. Now that you guys proved it is possible I think the SAF has a new future. Wish I had that info before dumping 4K+ into a UMP project.

Moe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    500 rounds. No issues, save for not seating the mag properly. The mags are just held in by tension from the mag release. I didn't modify them. I just add support with a magwell hold on the gun and mag.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    500 rounds. No issues, save for not seating the mag properly. The mags are just held in by tension from the mag release. I didn't modify them. I just add support with a magwell hold on the gun and mag.
    Where did you source those mags? Price? Wouldn't mind finding a few of them, as well, to try...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345