Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 356789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the MDT Skeleton Rifle Stock (Buttstock)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Major Sights's Avatar
    Curios, is this a typo or does it really not adjust any on the MDT TAC?

Length of Pull:
    14.5" - 14.5" on the TAC21
    15" - 16" on the LSS using the Fixed Stock Adapter. Add 0.75" if using a folding stock adapter.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnuts View Post
    I just received my skeleton stock

It's a really well made, quality stock, and it looks amazing in person, even better then in pictures. I'm so happy I did not get a magpul PRS.

You just need to be aware that it is a little heavy (3.1 lbs as they mentioned), so maybe not optimal for a lightweight hunting rig, but perfect for a benchrest rifle or a rifle with a bull barrel to balance the heavy front.

Thanks a lot MDT for this amazing product, and also for the very fast shipping, I was surprised to get it that fast!

Keep up the good work!!

Have you used a prs? Im torn between the two as well, wondering if the mdt is superior quality wise and if it feels better when in use.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by polskiogorki View Post
    Have you used a prs? Im torn between the two as well, wondering if the mdt is superior quality wise and if it feels better when in use.
    Thanks!
    It's way better - the only down-side to the MDT stock is the weight. There's one other stock I'd consider however and that's the Modular Buttstock Assembly by Luth-AR. I'm really fancying one of these of an HS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Sights View Post
    Curios, is this a typo or does it really not adjust any on the MDT TAC?
    Yes, this is a typo. It is 13.5" - 14.5"
    And on the HS3 with the Skeleton Rifle Stock it is 12.9" - 13.9". The LSS-XL which is available soon will have this exact same LOP.
    Modular Driven Technologies Corp (MDT)
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MDTTAC21
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MDTTac

Guys ,I think the new skeleton butt stock is a great accomplishment and great to have a Canadian choice .

Having said that have you considered something along the lines of the XLR Tactical Lite, BUT done in a style that flows with the HS3 or LSS XL chassis and not looking like it was stuck on a piece of pipe as an afterthought. I just really can't handle anything that looks like a spider web ,I'd spend half the shooting time scaring myself with the shadow!!So a modular style would be amazing and easier on us arachnophobia types. Butt seriously(yes a pun) I need a Modular butt stock for my Modular chassis.
    I plan on having Justin Bieber to sing at my Funeral so my Death will be the Second worst thing to happen that day .
    How come the only women that look at me like a side of beef are VEGETARIAN

I pre-ordered one 2 weeks ago, any idea when the next batch will be ready to ship?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by polskiogorki View Post
    Thanks!
    I have briefly handled the PRS and it was OK, but not to my taste (I can't say exactly why).
    I mainly bought the MDT for the aluminium construction, it does not require a buffer tube (comes with the adapter), and to be honest, it just looks amazing!!!

Only downside is the weight which is a little more than I thought it would be, but once installed on a chassis with a bull barrel up front, it will balance the rifle, plus it will help reduce the felt recoil. Also, my rifle will be for long range shooting, so I won't be carrying it in the woods, so the weight doesn't really bothers me.

If you like the way it looks, I would say don't hesitate and go for the MDT, I think it's one of the nicest precision stocks on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnuts View Post
    I have briefly handled the PRS and it was OK, but not to my taste (I can't say exactly why).
    I mainly bought the MDT for the aluminium construction, it does not require a buffer tube (comes with the adapter), and to be honest, it just looks amazing!!!

Only downside is the weight which is a little more than I thought it would be, but once installed on a chassis with a bull barrel up front, it will balance the rifle, plus it will help reduce the felt recoil. Also, my rifle will be for long range shooting, so I won't be carrying it in the woods, so the weight doesn't really bothers me.

If you like the way it looks, I would say don't hesitate and go for the MDT, I think it's one of the nicest precision stocks on the market.
    Thanks, im not so put off by the weight either as it will be my long range as well, think i will order one and try it once the mags and stocks are ready for the long action tikkas.

BANNED
    Order placed ....

I have a LSS stock I want to use this with...will I need to order a fixed buttstock adapter to get this to fit on my LSS or does one come with the buttstock?
    Last edited by chalkriver; 03-28-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver View Post
    Order placed ....

I have a LSS stock I want to use this with...will I need to order a fixed buttstock adapter to get this to fit on my LSS or does one come with the buttstock?

Im curious as well, also how are those new mags coming along? ??