Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dominion Arms DA556 M16-Style Rifle with 20 in barrel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Why are these restricted with the 20' barrel as stated on the web site?
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Cuz guv'ment says so.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

I just got mine, and I've put up a thread in the Black/green rifles forum. Check it out for more info.

Long story short, everything seems pretty solidly put together, but the finish is typical Norinco workmanship.

The lower appears to be a new CQ-A, just with a fixed buttstock. Rear peep sights and gas tube are a little funky, but I'm sure they function fine. If not, they're cheap parts to replace. For the most part, there doesn't seem to be the proprietary parts problem the old-school CQ311s had. I'll be throwing in a ton of aftermarket bits later, I will update as I go if there's any problems.

It's a struggle, but the rifle will accept MOE handguards without modification.

I won't be able to get to the range for a few weeks, but when I do I'll be testing accuracy at 100 and 200 yards, hopefully with a variety of ammo types.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    Why are these restricted with the 20' barrel as stated on the web site?
    All ARs are restricted by name.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

Pictures of the finish? The old paint, or what?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Just received the da 556, I have the new hand guard half on, and im half wondering if i should just buy a new front bracket and delta ring.

I think I'm going to have to take the RPAL course now. This deal is too good!

You won't have to change a thing. Use a file.

The original CQ rifles are exported to many friendly Maost factions, esp SE Asian rebel groups.
    There are still some CQs hanging around the Pashawar region, but not many are in service due to lack of ammo. (yes paid for by the US gov)

The latest CQ spotting in modern use is in Syria, old style M311 furniture too, probably funnelled in from Iran as they are also make them.
    Last edited by twyeh; 06-24-2014 at 02:36 PM.

I got around to shooting it! I like it. I like it a lot.
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...date-on-post-1

I was able to swap out some parts and all threading seems to be western milspec. No weirdo chinese threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Pictures of the finish? The old paint, or what?
    No paint on these guys. I think they're new production all around and they're anodized like their carbines.

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x51 View Post
    Just received the da 556, I have the new hand guard half on, and im half wondering if i should just buy a new front bracket and delta ring.
    Good luck! I broke two punches trying to get the front sight base off. But my MOE handguards go on fine, I didn't even need a file, so I'm not really troubled by it. Those wanting to make an A1 clone with classic handguards might have to take it to a gunsmith.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast