Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dominion Arms DA556 M16-Style Rifle with 20 in barrel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    I would like to see actual pics of those 20 inch DA556 with range reports if possible...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by twyeh View Post
    The original CQ rifles are exported to many friendly Maost factions, esp SE Asian rebel groups.
    There are still some CQs hanging around the Pashawar region, but not many are in service due to lack of ammo. (yes paid for by the US gov)

The latest CQ spotting in modern use is in Syria, old style M311 furniture too, probably funnelled in from Iran as they are also make them.
    Another picture for Sporting Lad

Quote Originally Posted by gaff View Post
    the US Gave thousands of m16s to the Bosnians ,maybe this is what your referring to . they were the old style 1960 rifles in original boxes with the comic book.
    they were m16 not ar15.
    The AR-15 was the original rifle. It stands for Armalite Rifle 15. It was the 15th rifle developed by Eugene Stoner. The designation M-16 was not applied to it until the US military adopted it. All M-16s are AR-15s.

BANNED
    Wtf. We have Wikipedia now, wet don't need 5 year old threads revived!

CGN Regular
    Great rifle made by norinco, i have 4

I had that model it was fugly but reliable. I bought a norinco ar clone from a retailer that does not stand behind their products. They send it to their distributor. It had a faulty bolt it was returned to me 6 months later and not repaired so I sourced a bolt from brownells. I have owned several norinco ar clones some were good one was bad. Quality control is hit and miss so if you do buy one I would suggest buying it from Canada ammo as he stands behind the products he sells.

Every norinco ive seen has a crappy finish. They have always seem to very functional guns. I had a p226 clone and the cqb ar15
    Both as reliable as can be but finish just felt real cheap. I ended up getting a real sig and m&p sport.

Iam looking for norinco 20" and will swap out furniture with brownells retro. I posted a wtb ad. I cant justify paying full retail price for a norinco.

Anyone know what the 2nd cheapest already built AR that comes with a carry handle and 20" barrel? Like to try something besides norinco out?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvy View Post
    I got around to shooting it! I like it. I like it a lot.
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...date-on-post-1

I was able to swap out some parts and all threading seems to be western milspec. No weirdo chinese threads.

No paint on these guys. I think they're new production all around and they're anodized like their carbines.

Good luck! I broke two punches trying to get the front sight base off. But my MOE handguards go on fine, I didn't even need a file, so I'm not really troubled by it. Those wanting to make an A1 clone with classic handguards might have to take it to a gunsmith.
    There is a trick to getting those taper pins out, First, clamp the barrel in a padded vice as close to the front tight assembly as you can, make sure it is tight. Second, make sure you are hitting the small end of the pin. Third, use a punch at least 1/4" and hit the end of the pin very hard. You are not trying to get it out, just get it started. Once it moves, use a punch the right size, should really just pop out at this point, remember they are taper pins!

Done lots, this method works every time!
    Scott
    "Happy to meet, sorry to part, happy to meet again"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Build on US lower.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Dude, I need a time machine to post on this thread!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast