Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Zealand hunt report.

Thanks for the pics !

Very nice, thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through your pictures.

CGN Regular
    What firearms did you use for the hunt?

Looks like a success
    Member: CSSA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pblatzz's Avatar
    Awesome!

You look so happy John, awesome, I hope I am able to do this one day, I oh ever got to shoot an m4 out a helicopter in vegas... And just at paper... These are amazing trophys
    And I second that, I couldn't hike 9 hours straight lol, I need to get back in shape ASAP !

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RatFink View Post
    x2??

Great pictures!
    beer, bait & ammo

Quote Originally Posted by RatFink View Post
    Blaser K95

I fitted a 7 x 65R barrel to my K 95 this gave me a super lightweight mountain rifle. I didn’t have time to really work on my reloads but she shot well. I zeroed the Swarovski Z6i 2-12x50 scope at 270 meters and was confident to shooting out to 370 meters if I was prone from a real solid rest. I loaded with 160 grain Speer bullets at 2,735 fps, they did the job but I was not pleased with their weight retention. I recovered the bullet shot in the Tahr, a frontal shot from approx 175 meters, bullet weighed 87 grains, the bullet from the Red Stag was only 102 grains. I am thinking these bullets couldn't take the impact velocity, which is not excessive in my opinion. The Stag took two rds before dropping, both good solid hits from 305 meters. The first rd hit center in his chest and quartered through to his groin, the second shot went straight through both shoulders and exited, I recovered one small piece of lead near the exit hole. This rifle was a delight to carry and fire. I needed and used the red dot for both my shots at the Tahr and Chamios due to the poor light and low cloud and mist. My only error was a miss calculation of my hold due to the reticle been in the second focal plane and shot over the Chamois as I had set my magnification at about 6X to give me a larger field of view.

With the cull shoots from the Chopper, I used a Benelli shotgun and 00 Buck and an AR15 fitted with a Five Severn conversion kit. For the Feral Goats I selected an old SP1 with a red dot sight with twenty rd mags and only changed to the Benelli when I ran out of ammo
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 05-24-2014 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Corrected bullet weights.

NZ sounds pretty good…regular capacity 20rd mags and culling from a chopper = awesome!
    Thanks John for sharing.
    Would love to see some vids of these adventures.
    I can't wait for the next one!
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

I just added a short video clip showing some culling from the chopper.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast