Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Zealand hunt report.

CGN Regular
    How much do they charge for an outing like that?

Wow! Dream hunt! Great pictures, thanks for sharing!
    Sig Sauer P226

For a short stay hunting trip, you sure packed a ton of fun & nice trophies into that time frame. Very nice!
    Can you get Canadian Club over there?
    *LEAD* Still the best boolit material for huntin' & plinkin' for over 600 yrs.
    Shoot well & load better.

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to care.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleCrow View Post
    How much do they charge for an outing like that?
    A five day hunt for Chamois starts at $7,000 (worth every cent ) and the price goes up from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELL SHUCKER View Post
    For a short stay hunting trip, you sure packed a ton of fun & nice trophies into that time frame. Very nice!
    Can you get Canadian Club over there?
    Yes, it was a very intense five days. As for Canadian Club, no I always look for a local brew when I am abroad and I wasn't disappointed

AWESOME video! The end looked like a shooting gallery. You gotta start posting more vids of your trips.
    (lin-e-man)
    ONE WHO DOES PRECISION GUESS WORK BASED ON UNRELIABLE DATA PROVIDED BY THOSE OF QUESTIONABLE KNOWLEDGE

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Awesome stuff!

this is a culling operation, a management tool that is required to maintain the habitat.
    Is that due to human intervention that the population is high? Like humans expanding pasture land, culling predators, providing more grain crops to eat, and so on? I think in most cases this it the cause, but I wondered if you knew.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    Awesome stuff!

Is that due to human intervention that the population is high? Like humans expanding pasture land, culling predators, providing more grain crops to eat, and so on? I think in most cases this it the cause, but I wondered if you knew.
    These Goats are descendants from goats that were taken to New Zealand during a gold rush at the Shotover River. They escaped or were released when the gold rush was over, now they live in groups and destroy the grass tussocks. They have no natural predators, no Fox, Dingo, Coyote or Wolf live in New Zealand so the population is out of control.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    Awesome stuff!
    the goats are feral and shouldn't be there in the first place, they, like a lot of introduced species run rampant over the landscape (think wild pigs here) stripping the vegatation down so the indigenous wildlife are left with little to forage on
    some of the Galapagos islands that were once pretty much jungles are deforested rocks due to the feral goats

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Looks like you had a heck of a good time! Thanks for sharing the awesome pics & video!

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast