Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: News from the Warehouse! Armalite has arrived!!

any lowers with this order?
    Stay low, go fast. Kill first, die last. One shot, one kill. No luck, all skill.
    ORA, DCRA, CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Any 20" A2 style AR10's ?
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN frequent flyer
    So let me get this staright? All ARs are restricted including the AR-10 with barrel length of more than 18.5"?

there is whole big thread on another dealer forum for some "magical" AR-10 from the 1970s which happens to be NR?

Can someone please clarify this nuance of our great firearms act?

Much appreciated

Two complete different animal, the current generation AR10, really should be called AR10B, the AR10B is more like a scaled up AR15.

BANNED
    Price?

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    So let me get this staright? All ARs are restricted including the AR-10 with barrel length of more than 18.5"?

there is whole big thread on another dealer forum for some "magical" AR-10 from the 1970s which happens to be NR?

Can someone please clarify this nuance of our great firearms act?

Much appreciated
    All AR's no matter from what era are at the very least restricted and if they are the original AR-10 rifles they are prohibited as they were converted autos. If there is such a mythical beast I wouldn't want to test it's NR status in the courts that is for sure.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

There are some original AR-10s floating around (VERY few) that are not CAs and are non restricted. I've never seen one in person but I've been informed there is an FRT entry for them. Suffice to say they look very different from today's incarnation of the AR-10 and functionally (rails, modularity, etc.) are far lower down the scale. More of a collector's item than a practical shooting tool IMHO.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    My verifier has looked long an hard for the so called non restricted AR10 FRT report and number and it does not exist. This is a matter that there are so few of the originals in the country they slipped past the lab and so few they don't care. All the people who own an original keep them hidden to avoid unwanted attention. Ever actually seen one for sale or on display?

You can dream all you want but this is the fact.

I think Chicu1981 might have been thinking about the Ar18 or Ar180. From my research it was non restricted but I don't have access to FRT. So it might have changed.

The original AR 10 rifle, caliber 7.62 NATO as manufactured in the Netherlands and supplied to the Sudan and Portuguese were all select fire, so currently prohibited as either CA or FA. There were a few manufactured for KLM (Dutch Airlines) as semi auto only, I believe there are between 2 to 5 in Canada. These were supplied as “take down” survival rifles in a case. These are non – restricted as not a variant of the AR 15. These original AR 10 rifles use a bolt carrier of much larger diameter that all the “new” AR 10 type rifles currently available.

The attached photos are of my own original rifle, a CA, at under 8 lbs she was a great favorite when I could take her to the range, in my opinion these were very underrated rifles.

This area is confused as I believe the RCMP Forensic lab is incorrect in classifying the current AR 10 as variant of the AR15 and therefore restricted. The first AR10 rifles we imported were sold as non –restricted but the Lab asked to examine one and classed them restricted in spite of signed statements from the designer and manufacture. With hindsight I should have argued their decision but did not have the means at that time. Subsequently I did dispute their classification of both the CZ91S Skorpinion and ArmaLite AR180B and was successful.

As a point of interest Wolverine Supplies had contracted with Guy Savage of Saber Defense (UK) to produce for us an AR10 based on the original design that I believe would have been non restricted along with a pistol version to provide 10 rd mags. Unfortunately Guy was arrested, I believe he was charged with smuggling, so this project died.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast