Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pietta revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Cool, for sure, JOHNONE, if you can get a .44 mag in 1875 Remington I will be your first buyer! I know everyone loves the 1873, but for me, that 1875 remmy is just sweet and in .44 mag! Do they make them? I have seen some by Taylor and Pietta at other sponsors for around $640 but no .44 mag.! Just wondering, cheers!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Remington for myself as well. Mostly because its not yet another Colt clone. Dead sexy too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    I own a pair of Pietta 1873 Peacemakers case hardened 5.5" barrel in 45 LC and I have to say they are incredibly cheap for the high quality. In my opinion the action is extremely smooth and runs like a Swiss watch. Truly works of art and great shooters.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    The action is smooth on mine too, but the trigger leaves something to be desired, especially next to my Taylors '58 Remington conversion.

I'd buy another Pietta, though I think for a 44mag I'd pony up the few extra bucks for a Super Blackhawk with its known reputation for strength and for the adjustable sights.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    44 mag is a great caliber.... Only have to decide the lenght of the barrel, a classic 73 should come with a 7.5 inch but to my taste the 4.75 look the best and a half and half choice would be the 5.5... Gonna figure that out and then.... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Taylor lists their Rem. 1875 .45 for $541. I figure that is list in U.S. dollars! With Marstars well known negotiating skills they may be able to parlay something close to that here in Canada!?!? Even a .45 LC wouldn't be to shabby!
    OH yea with the Remmy I think the 7.5 inch barrel is the way to go, it would give the proper rake to the smooth lines!
    The 1873 saa can sport either length and look good but I like the 5.5!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Finally ordered my first big caliber SAA 1873 a new 44 mag in 5.5 inch, this will make a nice addition to my revolver herd... Thanks Marstar for the opportunity... JP.

When the opponents are not whorthy, the fight really mean nothing... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Finally ordered my first big caliber SAA 1873 a new 44 mag in 5.5 inch, this will make a nice addition to my revolver herd... Thanks Marstar for the opportunity... JP.

When the opponents are not whorthy, the fight really mean nothing... JP.
    Good choice, I think with the .44 Mag. she will shoot better and handle well!

Just a little word on the new Pietta 44 mag, they are excellent shooter, accuracy is an easy 4-5 inch at 25 yards....
    Very well build revolver, quite strong and sweet trigger, at this basic price they are quite a bargain, very satisfied with my powerfull SAA 1873 in 44 mag... JP.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Just a little word on the new Pietta 44 mag, they are excellent shooter, accuracy is an easy 4-5 inch at 25 yards....
    Very well build revolver, quite strong and sweet trigger, at this basic price they are quite a bargain, very satisfied with my powerfull SAA 1873 in 44 mag... JP.
    Do they use the standard frame or a new, scaled up one? In other words, could you tell me how long and wide the cylinder is?

Pics would be nice too

Thnks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast