Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scorpio PA-01 Marine Shotgun 12GA

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Pretty good price for a compact, chromed, ghost ringed, railed and choked pump gun.
    ^This! You're getting a lot for your money. I just got mine in the mail yesterday, although mine is the black version. Can't wait to take it out and run some ammo through 'er!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Can that breacher thingy be unscrewed, and simply replaced with a normal Remington choke?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dand883's Avatar
    From the model name, PA-01, it makes me think of weatherby shotguns, the PA-08, which i believe are made in turkey. Would they be the "house brand" of shotguns that they make after they fill weatherby orders?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer capp325's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groundskeeper willy View Post
    For someone who wants a low price, but can't get over the mental roadblock of buying norinco, then look to the Turkish offerings.
    I've always thought of turkey as something that you shoot with a shotgun, not a place where shotguns are made. But there seems to be a lot of turkish brands flooding the market the lately. I wonder if it's just one manufacturer selling guns under various brand names (kind of like Armscor having a million different brand names for their 1911's).

CGN Regular
    Thanks for all the info! Still think im going to wait for some more details and reviews before I spend.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    I wonder if it's just one manufacturer selling guns under various brand names
    I keep asking that question too, but nobody seems to know the answer.

CGN Regular
    maybe the good folks at Wanstalls might chime in?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dand883 View Post
    From the model name, PA-01, it makes me think of weatherby shotguns, the PA-08, which i believe are made in turkey. Would they be the "house brand" of shotguns that they make after they fill weatherby orders?
    Benelli had a big hand in developing the budget/mid priced tactical shotgun manufacturing coming out of turkey.
    Hatsan has models like the MP which are direct approved copies of Fabarm, while brands like Scorpio and Armed are more similar to Weatherby models and are apparently made in conjunction with them. Same facility? Not sure. But same entity.
    Last edited by EL34/6L6; 05-31-2014 at 09:51 AM.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Sure would be nice to get a better look at them, other than stock photo's. Anyone who owns one should post some photo's.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    There are litterally hundreds of Turkish Manf of firearms, research which ones build for the majors, those ones will be very good, others maybe not so good, be cautious if you dont know who they are, try handle them before u buy
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast