Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scorpio PA-01 Marine Shotgun 12GA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    When I wanted a cheap pump shotgun two months back, I went with a Maverick 88 from Wanstalls for $250.

350 rounds later, it hasn't had a single problem. I would highly recommend, especially because its compatible with most Maverick 500 parts.

Just picked up a Scorpio PA-01 with the 12.5 barrell and breacher choke today at the CSC, pretty good value for money I think, seems solid, fairly smooth action, nice sights. Ill report back after I've put some rounds through it.
    "Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, i dont care how f***ing crazy they are" - From Dusk Til Dawn

NFA MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by taprack9 View Post
    Just picked up a Scorpio PA-01 with the 12.5 barrell and breacher choke today at the CSC, pretty good value for money I think, seems solid, fairly smooth action, nice sights. Ill report back after I've put some rounds through it.
    Six weeks later... Have you shot it yet?

Cheers,
    Dan

Sold out?

Quote Originally Posted by jetdoctr View Post

Only issue I had noticed was the barrel plating (nickel I think) worked it's way out of the inside of the barrel. Nothing a good cleaning with wire brush couldn't fix.
    For those who bought it, is the rust-proof coating (nickel?) on the barrel+mag tube tough and doing its job? Are the internal parts protected (coated) ? inside of the barrel? Wondering if its really a marine like those Mossberg, Remington, Winchester, etc

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    Any further updates on these Scorpio shotguns ; the good , the bad , and the ugly.....any hands on experiences . Are there any dealers who have them in stock ?
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

Quote Originally Posted by capp325 View Post
    I've always thought of turkey as something that you shoot with a shotgun, not a place where shotguns are made. But there seems to be a lot of turkish brands flooding the market the lately. I wonder if it's just one manufacturer selling guns under various brand names (kind of like Armscor having a million different brand names for their 1911's).
    Warrior is one brand this norinco like. In the sense they have a lot of product with different names on their shotguns.

After WWII turkey was no longer allowed to produce any rifled firearm. (They supported the wrong side ) so that's the main reason you see lots of shotguns (cheap ones and good quality models) coming out of turkey.
    Last edited by BCshooterFMJ; 06-02-2017 at 02:19 PM.
    Freedom costs a buck 'o' five.

Scorpio SA-01

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Can that breacher thingy be unscrewed, and simply replaced with a normal Remington choke?
    I just picked up a semi and it looks very similar to a weather by SA-459, took it to the range and at 25 yards I fired 2 3/4 challenger slugs and it shot high had 2" group twice.
    I had to lock tight the top rail and rear sight but it worked well.
    I had two FTE , I have only fired 25 rounds so far but first time out I'm happy for the price it's good
    It is made in turkey at the Akkad plant I believe
    Hop it helps

The breached is a screw in choke

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234