Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bear Safety

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Being face to face with big bears is when you know what you are made of. It's hard wired into your DNA, natures fight or flight kicks in!!! Usually the "Big " talkers are the ones that run and "PEE" their pants!! I know what I am made of!!! Do you!! Grizzly's extinct around Kelowna?? That sounds like the loony left talking!!!! And the big bears in nothern B.C. I quess they are differant then Alberta bears??

Ya'll need to pay attention to Kate here fella's... bears are some serious business!

Stories:

Bear arrested for Theft

Bears on the prowl for young children

Bears reported of using the environment as weapons.

Okay take care now....

But seriously it never hurts to have something and not need it, than need it and not have it. Bears are all cute and cuddly when they got their honey pots and coked up buddies bouncing off the walls, but they're a completely different story when the goods run out.

People often don't think about when they're just on regular trips from town to town; having a kit in the car ((with proper storage so you don't get GASSED while flying down the 401 people)) is never a horrible idea. The chances may be small to actually be at the right time, the right place with the right equipment to help people; but if you're never prepared... well it goes without saying.

TTFN!

I do heli logging in Northern BC. Spray and bear bangers are ok most of the time for curious bears. But when it comes to being stalked on a regular basis by rouge black bears and grizzlies I need a shotgun. A group of 6 guys including myself were stalked by a blackbear last fall. 6 grown men with chainsaws and bear bangers going off, and the stupid thing kept charging us always from a different angle the entire day. Im 6'2 275lbs and I had had enough for the day lol, we went back into town and found some black magic slugs! Brenneke black magic for the win
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr13tkvJfP1qjic3ro1_500.gif

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbss View Post
    I do heli logging in Northern BC. Spray and bear bangers are ok most of the time for curious bears. But when it comes to being stalked on a regular basis by rouge black bears and grizzlies I need a shotgun. A group of 6 guys including myself were stalked by a blackbear last fall. 6 grown men with chainsaws and bear bangers going off, and the stupid thing kept charging us always from a different angle the entire day. Im 6'2 275lbs and I had had enough for the day lol, we went back into town and found some black magic slugs! Brenneke black magic for the win
    That is part of the problem with spray and bangers is that it gives people a false sense of security and might make them go and do things that they shouldn't. If a bear either black or grizz doesn't run right away. He is thinking about making you dinner. If you shoot, never fire a warning shot. Always shoot to kill as you might not get a 2nd shot. A grizz running is as fast as a race horse. This info is meant for city people not guys that work in the bush.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    I've been told the 12 gauge bangers are corrosive.... Is this true?
    I took a look at the MSDS of the 12ga bear bangers and they do contain potassium perchlorate. I am not a chemist, but I do believe this is corrosive (please jump in and correct me if I am wrong, anyone) and you would want to clean your shotgun after use. We do sell 15mm pen launchers, and will be getting the 15mm bear bangers in a couple of days if this is something you would rather avoid!

BANNED
    Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12