Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First restricted acquired, next step?

From SK to JP to AB to KY to ON to Calgary!
    Silverdale has probably applied for your LTATT and will receive it by e-mail on your behalf. This took 6 weeks for me last year to hear back from my club. They forwarded the LTATT to my e-mail and I printed off the PDF document and voila, I could then transport all of my restricted firearms. Contact Silverdale and see when they applied for it on your behalf, and ask what the average wait time is nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Noltz View Post
    I have a club membership at Silverdale. I have completed the club level ATT course with Frank. The transfer notice has the new registration number. Anything else?

Hey guys. Picked up my first handgun in a private sale. It was shipped directly to my house and arrived at the same time as a CFO letter of transfer, but no registration card was included. Do I need that reg card for the Club to request my LTATT?
    Just curious,what did you buy? My first was a norinco 1911a1 which is now tuned with a combination of colt and Wilson combat parts. It is a very sweet gun. Beware that first one leads to many impulse buys. I've accumulated 11 restricted so far

Quote Originally Posted by slyty View Post
    Just curious,what did you buy? My first was a norinco 1911a1 which is now tuned with a combination of colt and Wilson combat parts. It is a very sweet gun. Beware that first one leads to many impulse buys. I've accumulated 11 restricted so far
    I found a Jericho 941 off EE here.
    I was going to start with a Norc or SAM 1911, but I had the chance to shoot a Jericho and really liked it. Tiny recoil compared to poly guns, nice fit and finish, & I also love the look of the gun. Waited until the budget allowed what I truly wanted out-of-the-box. Good deal and the seller was great to deal with.

Just inform your club officer in-charge of membership that you now have a FA. With a club level ATT course, I am assuming that you are referring to a club level safety course. In our club, after completing the club level safety course, written exam and a proficiency shoot using at least a .22 cal pistol @ 20m, we submit a request for a LTATT. We usually get it within few days via email. A hard copy comes in by snail mail few days later. The pdf copy attached via email is sufficient enough as valid document to bring your restricted FA to any CFO approved range in your locality provided you have a proof of invitation. Remember, your LTATT is only valid to and from your home club.

I have a club membership at Silverdale. I have completed the club level ATT course with Frank. The transfer notice has the new registration number. Anything else?

Hey guys. Picked up my first handgun in a private sale. It was shipped directly to my house and arrived at the same time as a CFO letter of transfer, but no registration card was included. Do I need that reg card for the Club to request my LTATT?
    u need the registration of the gun with u when u take it out

Thanks for the feedback. The LTATT application had been made through the club. Now the waiting game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12