Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First restricted acquired, next step?

First restricted acquired, next step?

Hey guys. Picked up my first handgun in a private sale. It was shipped directly to my house and arrived at the same time as a CFO letter of transfer, but no registration card was included. Do I need that reg card for the Club to request my LTATT?

CGN Regular
    If you are a member of Silverdale they will get you your LTATT. Just call a let them know you got your restricted and they will submit for you.

Only question is how long will it take to get it.

From SK to JP to AB to KY to ON to Calgary!
    There is only one woman that is in a paid position to issue the LTATT in Ontario. Get on this quickly or there will be no shooting for you this summer.

You could constantly nag them for an STATT every single day to be a thorn in their side if you want to be.

But back to the main point - get the LTATT ball rolling ASAP! Your club should request the LTATT once you have passed their testing and/or probationary period regardless of whether or not you own any firearms. The LTATT will cover you for all of your restricted firearms from here on forward. If I am wrong about any of this info, please someone correct me, but I believe it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by paisley70 View Post
    There is only one woman that is in a paid position to issue the LTATT in Ontario. Get on this quickly or there will be no shooting for you this summer.

You could constantly nag them for an STATT every single day to be a thorn in their side if you want to be.

But back to the main point - get the LTATT ball rolling ASAP! Your club should request the LTATT once you have passed their testing and/or probationary period regardless of whether or not you own any firearms. The LTATT will cover you for all of your restricted firearms from here on forward. If I am wrong about any of this info, please someone correct me, but I believe it to be true.
    This won't fly. I was in a similar situation in December, had some vacation I had to take before the end of the year and was waiting for my LTATT to be processed. I was hoping to use my vacation at the range, but they refused to issue an STATT for my club without a letter on club letterhead 'inviting' me to use the range(where I am already a member). In the end the range operator got on the phone with the CFO and they worked out a deal to give me 2, 2-day periods to shoot...
    Club Member: FRPC, CFB Kingston Gun Club. Director, Project Mapleseed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    First restricted acquired, next step?

My answer is, start shopping for another one, because one is not enough... JP.

Start saving $$ to buy ammunition...

Depends on the CFO, but locally we can get a LTATT as soon as the buyer transfer is complete. Then again, it may depend on which way the wind is blowing, or what the CFO had for lunch, or which way the firearms act was interrupted by a Donkey named Earl on the 3rd wed of the month!!
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

"They can ban my ass but I'll still have it" Rapier46

Edit above. You need your range club card, sorry misread OP.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

"They can ban my ass but I'll still have it" Rapier46

I have a club membership at Silverdale. I have completed the club level ATT course with Frank. The transfer notice has the new registration number. Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by klatham View Post
    This won't fly. I was in a similar situation in December, had some vacation I had to take before the end of the year and was waiting for my LTATT to be processed. I was hoping to use my vacation at the range, but they refused to issue an STATT for my club without a letter on club letterhead 'inviting' me to use the range(where I am already a member). In the end the range operator got on the phone with the CFO and they worked out a deal to give me 2, 2-day periods to shoot...
    I guess it really does depend on who you get. My dad wanted to bring his gun to my club, as he is not a member of a club, has 1 prohib left, POL 12.6, and I was on the phone with CFO to get him a STATT so he could move. On a whim, I asked if he could get a STATT to come to my club, just to shoot his gun on more time, and they said that if I am a member, and would be with him, just get the letter, and they would issue it for a couple months if we wanted. I was dumbstruck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast