Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 616181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Wanstalls Exclusive Chiappa Alaskan Scout 12" -- Limited Run

Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post

My last 2 chiappa takedowns shot loose, both were .45 Colts I shot hot loads in. Frankly, I'd rather eliminate that feature on any SBR lever gun.

Fingers crossed...
    I was really wondering about this. I have been looking at one but this post has changed my mind.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buzzmagoo's Avatar

Unhappy

Yea! I feel you on that! I was serious about getting one too! Then read how some of them are getting loose at the take down joint, like what gives??? I really hope this problem will be addressed in the next ones. I am kinda Leary of them now! So if some of the members could comment on them, it would be appreciated thank you!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Any news on these coming in?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Would you guys please! PLEASE!!! Post a update. Any news/ comment's about this gun ,there has to be some one with some thing to say! The good/ bad and the ugly stuff. This is a good looking gun but I have not handled one.1400$ + is not peanuts to many of us. The tax and shipping add up , don't want a safe queen has to be a shooter.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mr00jimbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    If it's stainless with non-painted stocks (i.e. laminate, walnut or synthetic would be OK) and is a NON-TAKEDOWN model in 44mag or .454 Casul, I'm all over one of these.

My last 2 chiappa takedowns shot loose, both were .45 Colts I shot hot loads in. Frankly, I'd rather eliminate that feature on any SBR lever gun.

Fingers crossed...
    I was wondering about this. I figure, the takedown feature looks super handy but if there were no downsides it would be on every gun (mine don't take down). I wonder if all heavy-recoil lever guns with a takedown feature shoot loose eventually?

CGN Regular
    I'm wondering about this myself.

Hopefuly Chiappa is taking this feedback and making some improvements to the take down feature so it doesn't wear out over time.

Don't want to spend that much hard earned $ to have a gun that can't handle being used!

Just read in a previous thread about this issue ( the take down joint getting loose) ,Evidently Wanstalls has no knowledge of this problem. None of there past clients that have bought this rifle from them, have not contacted them regarding ,this problem . So whom to believe? Not knowing the persons that have or are having this problem and their reasons for not contacting Wanstalls to to rectify any such issues ech!! Believe Wanstalls. With this said so when are they coming ALLREADY! Yes I still want one... Want some NEWS!! PLEASE!!! Never have I had problems with their services in the past,a happy camper!

CGN Regular
    I have to agree with you.

After hearing that they have not had any purchasers complain of any issues with the take down feature I have to think that it's a non issue. To be honest, I'm kind of embarrassed that I started the thread on this rumoured issue!

Bottom line is I am wanting to get one of these guns, so I'm happy to hear they are holding up no problem

I hear ya! No one wants to get burned ,when you weigh the good and bad comments its hard to know whom to believe. A reputable business will always stand behind what it sells. Sour grapes are just that. So with that said, I do hope to be able to be pawing one over before Xmas. If you do decide to get one also ,best of luck! A package deal, gun ,ammo and case would be AWESOME!!!!! Are you guys listening? Hint!! Hint!! And make it snappy already! With some news .PLEASE!! We are dying here!! Oh OK maybe not ! But you get the picture.

CGN Regular
    I'm with you on looking forward to when these come in. Hopefuly Daddy gets one for Christmas this year!