Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanstalls Exclusive Chiappa Alaskan Scout 12" -- Limited Run

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jca21 View Post
    picked up a 20" version of this rifle on the weekend.

great experience at wanstalls, everyone was super friendly and the sale went smoothly.

i have a question about the rifle though as its my first time owning a "pistol" calibre rifle. what would be the heaviest load i could shoot through this?

would i be able to put some 340gr .44 mag +P+ (buffalo bore) through this without too much concern? or should i be keeping it in the +P and below range?

any suggestions for a round that can be used for protection against black bears or other predators?

TIA
    I too am interested.

Picked 2 boxes of 20 of the Leverevolution stuff in 240 grain XTP. Hope to find something with more umph.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    I too am interested.

Picked 2 boxes of 20 of the Leverevolution stuff in 240 grain XTP. Hope to find something with more umph.
    I've got some Federal 300gr hard cast FN to try out, but I'd definitely like to find some hotter stuff if it's available.
    I'm not hiding behind you, I'm using you for cover

CGN frequent flyer Secondgunman's Avatar
    I like... I am just wondering when more people will start making s&w 500 magnum or .50 Beowulf maybe one of those in a ranch hand or mares leg with a ported barrel. there is one that is prohibited in Canada because it has a pistol grip.
    Certified Paper Shredder Guns are just as much apart of me as duck tape or WD40.

Quote Originally Posted by Secondgunman View Post
    there is one that is prohibited in Canada because it has a pistol grip.

That sounds incredibly unlikely.

No BS guys! I saw the FRT report from the RCMP myself. Canadian Tire in West Kelowna is again selling firearms, the firearms guy there showed me the report on his computer. I will try and get a copy of it and figure out to show everyone. Or maybe a link. It was dated June 06/2014

I' m only trying to help, don't shoot the messenger!...

Heads up people!! The updated RC list is done!! I did not know where to post this info, so I thought here would be a start.

We cannot rest!! http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/PDF/SOR-98-462.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by ohferpete View Post
    Heads up people!! The updated RC list is done!! I did not know where to post this info, so I thought here would be a start.

We cannot rest!! http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/PDF/SOR-98-462.pdf
    I'm a little dense this am, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at...
    Does this have to do with these 12" Chiappas?

Ya, sorry, jumped the gun so to speak. I cannot find anything in the list of doom that refers to the Chiappa.

There where allot of other interesting items, but nothing there for reference to said rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by ohferpete View Post
    Ya, sorry, jumped the gun so to speak. I cannot find anything in the list of doom that refers to the Chiappa.

There where allot of other interesting items, but nothing there for reference to said rifle.
    OK good, because neither could I.

bump,

anyone have any success securing some rounds with a bit more "umph"?

from my readings online it seems 250-300 grain hard cast flat nose bullets are the way to go in .44 for bear defense applications?

all the places i called seemed to stock 240 gr JHP's (AE, S&B, Fed, Win) and didnt have any flat nose hard cast stuff.