Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 919212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Wanstalls Exclusive Chiappa Alaskan Scout 12" -- Limited Run

Seriously quoted that huge post just to say "looks like an awesome time"? Nice.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by shniper View Post
    Seriously quoted that huge post just to say "looks like an awesome time"? Nice.
    Want some cheese to go with your whine?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Hahaha, that made me chuckle.

It was a great weekend, I no of no place I'd rather spend time then slugging it around deep in the mountains. Lots of work, but the real rewards only come to those that work for them, and to keep this on topic, that's why I took a solid and dependable working rifle with me.

The first night we had spent at a provincial campsite in Whitehorse wildlands park, it was packed full of cars and RV's, and guys ran generators all night long. We didn't have a choice as we had pulled in after midnight and needed to sleep for the night. We packed our tent at first light and got the hell outta there, nothing kills the mood of being below a beautiful mountain worse than a parking lot full of RVs and noisy discount generators belching fumes. Never been a fan of car camping or RVing in case you can't tell lol.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Thread revival:

Calibre Magazine just came out with a completely glowing review of this gun in their magazine, with no mention whatsoever of the quality control / pitting issues raised about this gun.

Further contaminating the issue (pun intended) is a two-page ad for Chiappa levers / Wanstalls in the same magazine.

Before jumping to conclusions, and because I really want to cheer for Calibre, I have written them to see if they are aware of this thread.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    How is the Accuracy I gut sum money I wasn't expecting and if ther is still one left I want it
    Oops I thout it was the ridge runner HAAHAA
    Last edited by carverk; 08-13-2015 at 03:56 AM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Thread revival:

Calibre Magazine just came out with a completely glowing review of this gun in their magazine, with no mention whatsoever of the quality control / pitting issues raised about this gun.
    Yup, my wife took one look at the Calibre Magazine review, and decided she HAD to have one... I guess advertising does work ! :-)

Question, what ammo are people putting through this rifle ? A quick search shows limited .44RM choices in Canada, so I got some 240gr Winchester and some 240gr AmericanEagle from Cabelas, but things like the Hornady LeverEvolution is out of stock at SFRC, and I cannot find any 300gr (she wants a few diff types to "try out"), and no +P loads.

Also any idea if this firearm will take the slightly shorter 44 special rounds ?

Unfortunately hand-loading is not possible because of where we live..

What are the chances this Alaskan will come around for sale again? I have the normal mares leg from Chiappa but i like the idea of a full stock.

Same post as above (thread revival), I am interested in getting one of these and cannot find them anywhere.

Wanstalls, you keep bringing in all these new and exciting things, there are too many things I want from your website. XD
    Get someone you know to buy a restricted firearm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I bought it as a limited run. Would be ticked if they did it again.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.