Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa M1 Carbines in 9mm!!!!!!! Non Restricted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    mine stil lround nice , not the most accurate rifle but for a plinker that good enough

and for the clip guys ...

»The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Just ok led up a synthetic model. Feels very light and handy. The wood stock felt a little thicker at the wrist and had a slightly higher comb. The latter made it more comfortable to aim the synthetic model.

I will shoot it today and see how it does. I'll post a range report.

re ad

Hi

this chiappa m1 9mm carbine do you sell the mags for this one also and do you have emt ?????

thanks david

My experience with the M1 9mm by chiappa

[QUOTE=Corps;10155230]Well this is nice. Do they feel solid, are they neat in general?[/QUOTE
    Mine looked ok out of the box, fit and finish was typical for today's manufacturing. Mostly made of steel and it felt just like an m1 carbine. Shot nice at first and was accurate considering the thickness of the front sight. Sadly after 150 rounds the barrel retaining pin failed and my barrel starting to thread out of the receiver. No warranty from chiappa, but sfrc took care of me

There was a warranty from Chiappa, we just handled it another way that worked better for you. The gun came back from warranty and I've bwen using it as a demo/display gun with no issues.

Any updates to provide from those that have owned these carbines for a while? How have they been holding up? I am still kind of on the fence about getting one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    I really like this gun and so does my wife. She likes it because it functions almost exactly the same as her 10/22 but it feels like it has more power.

I put a couple boxes through it last week without a single stoppage. I also found that it is more acccurate in my hands than a Sub 2000. I just find it more comfortable to shoot.

That said, it needed some work out of the box. The hammer spring was so heavy, it made the trigger pull over 10 lbs and fouled the rearward movement if the bolt. A factory Ruger 10/22 hammer spring sorted that right out and was easy to do. The trigger breaks cleanly at 5 lbs now and cycles smoothly.

It feels a lot like an M1 carbine, but way cheaper to shoot, and my Girsan mags fit and function perfectly.

I am very happy with my purchase.

Thank you for the feedback. I have read mixed reviews and it seems like there has been a lot of quality control issues with them. The price before it was bumped up could justify some tinkering, but now I feel like I am better off paying more for another carbine and have a nice product out of the box. I might just take the plunge though and buy one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by North of 7 View Post
    Thank you for the feedback. I have read mixed reviews and it seems like there has been a lot of quality control issues with them. The price before it was bumped up could justify some tinkering, but now I feel like I am better off paying more for another carbine and have a nice product out of the box. I might just take the plunge though and buy one.
    Sort of my thoughts as well. I'm not really interested in buying something BNIB that I have to tinker with to get it to work right.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Has anyone put on a M1 Para Trooper stock on one of these? Is it compatible? Im hoping to find/buy one of these rifles here or on the EE in a couple weeks. *Edit* after reading through many pages, not sure this is a wise investment since the price jumped form the original $369...
    Last edited by Johnyy; 10-15-2014 at 04:40 PM.