Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa M1 Carbines in 9mm!!!!!!! Non Restricted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    mine has probably around 800 round in it if not 900 still get the usual jam , but i mostly run it dry too , but i still think that the recoil buffer on these is a little bit too big .

i shoot mostly the cheap umc ammo in it or the american eagle , the 147 gr flat nose fmj was pretty accurate in it . s&B still shoot well , stay far away of the blaser aluminum
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    The price increase sure killed it for me as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Well, it's still like half the cost of a Beretta CX4

chiappa falls short

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA View Post
    Interesting idea.

How is the manufacturing? Where are they made?
    The wood stock model i bought in june lasted 150 rounds before the barrel retaining pin fell out and the barrel started to unthread itself. Chiappa wouldn't reimburse me for my purchase (terrible customer service too) but thankfully sfrc sorted me out! Maybe i got a lemon but i doubt i'd buy any chiappa products after my experience.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    It is 'ok' at the original price. Now, not so much.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

I'm curious to know how the recoil compared to an M1 carbine .30
    Gun control means using both hands

CGN Regular
    I have both and they are apples and oranges. The chiappa is very cheaply made, I got it before the price jump otherwise i wouldn't have bothered. The cx4 is definatly worth the extra money. That being said, the chiappa is still fun to shoot but its a clunky beater, lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    I was kind of interested in one but after handling a .22 version at our local CT I moved on. I like the look but they just seem too cheaply made for the money.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Just posting an update on this topic.

Earlier I had posted that I had greatly improved the trigger pull and reliability of this gun by replacing the hammer spring with a factory Ruger 10/22 spring. (Trigger pull is #5 and the bolt isn't so hard pressed to cock the hammer back on the rearward action, allowing better cycling).

I just got back from the range and had an issue where the disconnector wouldn't release the hammer, making it so that the gun would not fire.

I don't know why it waited till now to happen, but I fixed it by replacing the rather strong disconnector spring with a slightly lighter one I had on hand. It may have been a 10/22 extractor spring but I can't be certain. I have a bunch of springs I have scavaenged over the years.

I've also fitted a Choate folding stock designed for an M1 carbine. It wasn't too hard to do.

CGN frequent flyer
    have a year on a synthetic no problems just goes bang put a red dot on it shoot 124gr and 115 gr head shots on muskrats to get rid of them in dugout undermining banks at 25 to 50 yrds