Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LCW 7.62x39 HP for hunting?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I was able to get 7.62x39 dies. But I'm not having much luck finding new brass and .311 bullets? Sierra has a good section in their reloading data manual. I want the .311 bullets as that is what my CZ 527 barrel is. The S+B brass has to be power swagged to clean out the primer pockets and the overall length is quite long. So lots of trimming!!! So the S+B brass is unuseable. Any ideas???
    I think I saw some videos on youtube about converting 7.62x39 cases to use boxer primers. I'll search around for it again and post when I find them.
    I think they were even using the steel cases as well. As I recall, you have to add an extra step because you can't full length resize and pop the primer, you must do them separately.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    All good stuff guy's. Can CA get into special ordering components,powders and just about everything else from the U.S. ??? It seems to be working out well for another sponsor. And guns also??? If we want it we will pay$$$$

CGN Regular
    I read some more about this and seems that the HP's will perform similarly to the SP's if the tips are filled down slightly as they are too hard to peel away after striking a target. Any thoughts?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    I've shot deer with this caliber and its too light in energy for my hunting. Unless you get round nose bullets, they don't really expand that well at slower velocities. I would use it again if it was all I had, but I generally hunt with a bullet with at least double the energy, if not four times.
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12