Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 35454748495051525354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: M84 ŠKORPION SMG's ARE BACK!!!! $300 OFF, NOW JUST $699!!!!

I got mine last week. I too am not impressed with the black paint that chips off the receiver under the the safety lever. Leaves a very obvious streak of bare metal in an arc under the lever. The Czech-made CSA Vz.61 Skorpion does not have this problem. It has a lighter grey matte finish on its receiver, looks like parkerizing to me, and seems durable and doesn't scratch like the Zastava. The safety's much smoother to operate too on the CSA. Doesn't scratch the finish at all, at least on mine.

Also, I thought the wood grips were going to be NEW stock. I bought 2, one for each Skorpion. One of them has nicks and dings in the wood like they've been knocked around a bit and are possibly surplus/used? Or maybe it's just sloppy, inconsiderate rough handling of them and along the way people didn't care if they got dinged or not. Either way, I'm a just a bit disappointed at that, as I was expecting everything in as-new condition.
    Otherwise the Zastava M84 looks pretty decent and is a relatively good deal, considering the extra mags, holster and pouch you get with it. Not bad for the money. But fit and finish quality-wise, I prefer the Czech CSA version. Just sayin'.
    If Zastava put a better, more durable quality finish on their receiver, and made the function of the safety lever slick and crisp so it didn't drag and scratch the finish off, then they'd be nearly on par with the Czech product.

Incidentally, I've never seen one yet, but I wonder what the quality of the original CZ version (not the recent CSA ones) was like? How did it stack up against the CSA? I imagine as good, but that's a guess. Maybe someone who knows can chime in.
    Last edited by El_Monty457; 01-05-2015 at 09:43 AM.

CGN frequent flyer
    The original 61s had the same paint as the cz 858 rifles. Enamel like.
    "Nah, I don't like guns, they're dangerous" - Tommy Lynn Sells
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Had mine out to the range last week.

The comment everyone said the most was how small it was. I should have taken a pic, but I laid it next to my DE, and they're about the same size. The Skorpion is just a little taller.

On the range I cranked off the first 5 shots. Tried to aim, but the lighting (indoor range) and the sights didn't go well together. After the first mag, I turned to see who wanted to shoot it next. Everyone was laughing and pointing at the ceiling. The brass case is super tiny and weighs just slightly more than fuk-nuthin', but it ejects straight up and with sufficient force to mark drywall 12' up . It'd be interesting to know how high this thing chucks brass.

We shot off 80 rounds with 0 problems. (check that: 0 gun problems....the ceiling is another matter )

(E)
    Law of Politics
    Communicating logic to a Liberal is only a little more difficult than communicating with the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohman View Post
    Check the wrapping for the wood grip. Mine was outside the box and I thought the same thing you did.
    Nope. I had a spare mag and that was it. It does appear the rifle is made out of surplus parts with a new receiver. I think they also dye the holster and pouch to hide the fact that they are used as well. I'd rather the gun be made out of mil spec parts than cheap copies of the original parts... But that's just me

BANNED
    Well, got a tracking # but it doesn't bring up anything when I type it in lol slowly getting progress

Quote Originally Posted by wbaad View Post
    Finally got mine. Looks like a fun little gun. Not too impressed by their skill with black paint, but it is tight and doesn't rattle at all! TI forgot my wood grip in my order
    Lol, I too am missing my wood grip in my order.
    Other then that I'm happy with the m84.

Well, at least I know they are working at Tactical. I'd like to know if I can get a hammer and sear for this new gun mailed out or a different example.

They ran out of wood grips. Have been advised that they will be shipping when the new bunch arrives.
    dB
    'The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'

What year is that going to happen? I paid in full July second and they still can't complete my friggin order, then I have to find out on here... First and Last order from them for me

CGN Regular
    First and last for me too. I still have not got a tracking number or anything.