Thread: Stag Model 4 ammo ?

CGN Regular

Stag Model 4 ammo ?

Hey all

Just purchased a Stag Model 4 from Arms East and wanted to say I got great service from Steve. Can't ask for any better ! Now what do you all run in your stag arms for ammo ? I'm looking at that Norinco stuff and smiling thinking great dirt cheap ammo. I also thought the same thing about the Norinco AR and then thought to myself nah better to get something that is of better quality. Would cheap ammo hurt my AR in any way ? I can clean the gun if its dirty ammo, just not too interested in causing any extra wear on the gun.

+ 1 on the service from them as I too bought my Stag rifle there. I got a great deal from OP Fishing and hunting on the Chinese surplus 5.56 (1120rounds) in Mount Pearl and the gun loves it. At the time it was the cheapest deal I had seen.

I run it in my DD with no issues, might even be cleaner than Winchester whitebox.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

"They can ban my ass but I'll still have it" Rapier46

Never heard of ammo causing damage to a firearm, buy it cheap and shoot it lots!

CGN Regular
    Well I had some concerns because I have read of the bullets being oversized (extra barrel wear?), now I'm reading about split cases with this ammo. Which is why im concerned. I will probably buy some anyhow... I plan to pick up a norinco ar in the future anyways just to abuse lol

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie_1986 View Post
    Hey all

Just purchased a Stag Model 4 from Arms East and wanted to say I got great service from Steve. Can't ask for any better ! Now what do you all run in your stag arms for ammo ? I'm looking at that Norinco stuff and smiling thinking great dirt cheap ammo. I also thought the same thing about the Norinco AR and then thought to myself nah better to get something that is of better quality. Would cheap ammo hurt my AR in any way ? I can clean the gun if its dirty ammo, just not too interested in causing any extra wear on the gun.
    We have not had any complaints to the Norinco 556 we sell. I can't say it won't cause extra wear but I can say your rifle has a Canadian Lifetime Warranty.

Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Arms East's Online Shopping
    CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

SALES: 844-579-0007
    Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

I've ran about 3/4 of a crate through my Stag 3R, no ill effects as of yet (Knock on wood) decently accurate for what it is.

Lifetime warranty is always a great perk! haha
    SJRGC
    Disclaimer: This post was generated by a robot. The contents of this posting are the ownership of the post creator, and may not be used, reproduced, or copied without the permission of the post creator.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dangertree View Post
    We have not had any complaints to the Norinco 556 we sell. I can't say it won't cause extra wear but I can say your rifle has a Canadian Lifetime Warranty.
    No worries picked up a crate of the ammo off of Steve at your shop, have 2 other crates besides, had a long chat with Steve on the ammo and the rifle. He has been shooting the Norinco ammo for years with no issues so im not too worried, much ado on here in the ammo section about nothing I guess. And with that lifetime warranty who can argue. Between my AR purchase and my NP 22 purchase I have gotten great service from you guys. I will definitely be back for another AR, a model 1r this time I think.