Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ 527 7.62x39 Carbine back in stock!

I wish CZ would add a stainless steel version with laminate or synthetic stock, with a proper bent bolt for the use with lower scope mounts. The CZ 527 wins in the accuracy and reliability department but needs some well deserved features/material that will make it a true all weather hunting rig. When and if these upgrades are added I would love to buy one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I don't have any problem with the ring height. With a 3x9x40 scope the underside of front bell is only a 1/4 in. above the rear sight barrel thickening. There is no open sight or front hood shadow or interferance with field of view. I get good , comfortable cheek weld. I find that pushing on the bolt with my thumb I get smoother round feeding and of course ejection I work the bolt handle. Great gun and of course the .311 barrel.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryLime View Post
    I'm actually looking for a replacement stock for my CZ 527 carbine. The stock was chipping away at the receiver. Did this under 100 rounds of surplus. So it becomes a question of what stocks can be used to replace the wood stock. I actually want to get a synthetic stock if possible. Although synthetic stocks would be in some ways harder to modify to fit properly.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Pics of the damage on stock.

Wow, that's quite the damage! Are your action screws tightened down enough? Does the action move in the stock when manipulated with your hand?

Thanks,
    Cal.
    Last edited by calvados.boulard; 06-12-2014 at 06:04 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    No doubt that looks like a warranty issue on the stock! If you have the third chip intact you could likely do a good clean strong glue repair but something is wrong with that setup! 7.62X39 is pretty mild recoil.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryLime View Post
    I'm actually looking for a replacement stock for my CZ 527 carbine. The stock was chipping away at the receiver. Did this under 100 rounds of surplus. So it becomes a question of what stocks can be used to replace the wood stock. I actually want to get a synthetic stock if possible. Although synthetic stocks would be in some ways harder to modify to fit properly.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Pics of the damage on stock.

wow ... pretty big chips ... I read online (I can't think of where anymore but I'll look for it again) that someone had some cracking and CZ replaced the stock for free. Did you try contacting CZ?

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    They seem to get these in stock every time I'm #%^*ing dead broke.....
    Yep. Same here. I really want this. Nobody buy them! Well, leave me one for a week anyway.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by UNknownSUBject View Post
    wow ... pretty big chips ... I read online (I can't think of where anymore but I'll look for it again) that someone had some cracking and CZ replaced the stock for free. Did you try contacting CZ?
    I have my CZ455 in for warranty repair for the exact same problem. I think they said they were going to replace it with a boyd (sp?) stock. They've had it for months!

My 527 stock has held up just fine. It's my favourite rifle. I could totally get down with a stainless version. That would be sexy. It's hard for me to justify buying two of the same rifle.. but if one was stainless!? I'd jump all over that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mr00jimbo's Avatar
    HarryLime, didja contact CZ Canada to warranty that thing? Or the store you bought it? That seems just a little excessive, wow.

BANNED
    pretty pricey for a firearm to shoot cheap surplus with,,,and if using commercial stuff,,,WHY.....LOL....at that price point,,there quite a few much better choices,,,with more versatile calibers,,,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast