Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hk VP9

Quote Originally Posted by Dumantepe View Post

Just FYI, but recently everything to do with HK is in limbo. Hk has sold its American distribution, and the parent company in Germany H&K GmbH is in dire financial straits. The German government (at this point) has stated that they will not bail out HK, imo the German government in bluffing/lying, most no actually all of the Bundeswehr's small arms are made by HK, with a huge customer base around the world. Part of the problem was made worse by the German Government's tough export laws regarding weapons. Hk isn't in bad financial condition because it costs too much to make the guns, or that they do not sell enough (almost all western SF groups use their products), but from what i have heard from people working/worked there, the owners are really badly mismanaging the company.

We get mad at Sig Sauer for moving production to the U.S, and selling some quirky models, but this is part of the reason why. I guess it doesn't help that in Hk's case the owners are bunch of morons.

Hk does have a few things on their side.

The VP9 is selling well in the U.S.

France I believe will adopt the HK416 to replace the FAMAS.

Like I said earlier a lot of SF groups use their products.

Police groups all over the world.

The Bundeswehr was recently moaning about the G36, and there were talks of replacing them with the HK416, this IMO was done for orders which ultimately backfired on HK.

Also I don't know exactly why HK gets a monopoly with the Bundeswehr, all small arms used by them are made by H&K, Germany has many other manufactures and there doesn't seem to be any state trials (which is weird when you know anything about German bureaucracy). There is Walther, Sig, Oberland arms, a few other much smaller outfits.
    Considering the German Government has literally put them into bad spots time and time again they owe them, that being said the current owners are the worst ever of HK

so basically this pistol wont be here for a very long time, if ever...?
    ----------
    ez8
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ez8 View Post
    so basically this pistol wont be here for a very long time, if ever...?

No they will be available here faster than you think, less than a year...

I handled the VP9 and talked to the HK rep at the IPSC World Shoot in Florida. Current time line for the SFP release is spring 2015, bad news is that it is nearly identical to the VP9 - that means barrel length etc. HK's promo literature for the SFP 9 shows a 4.09" barrel ...

There are already aftermarket threaded barrels, but as a factory piece... who knows. Regardless of distribution/corporate HK issues I think we are going to have to wait more than a year for a long slide version, the rumour mill is saying that there are other VP models on the way first.
    Join the CSSA today: cdnshootingsports.org/

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by raks View Post
    I handled the VP9 and talked to the HK rep at the IPSC World Shoot in Florida. Current time line for the SFP release is spring 2015, bad news is that it is nearly identical to the VP9 - that means barrel length etc. HK's promo literature for the SFP 9 shows a 4.09" barrel ...

There are already aftermarket threaded barrels, but as a factory piece... who knows. Regardless of distribution/corporate HK issues I think we are going to have to wait more than a year for a long slide version, the rumour mill is saying that there are other VP models on the way first.

Thanks for the info, I really want to get one of these.

Mr. Grumpy, put my name down for a VP9 or SFP9 or what ever they want to call it. Extar mags, too!
    --
    We need another Conservative majority NOW

Got my hands on a VP9 a few weeks back South of the border, it fit very well! I'm anxiously waiting for it to find its way up north!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar

Put me down for one!

I've heard so much about this gun it makes we wanna try it.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast