Thread: Wanstalls-Alsaskan Scout Take Down in 45-70

Wanstalls-Alsaskan Scout Take Down in 45-70

You mentioned on the other thread that you guys had something in the works for a larger caliber for these guns for arrival in fall/winter.

Can you elaborate on this please?

Which caliber are you going with, the .454 or 45-70? Personally I think the 45-70 would be the best seller.

If you guys are for sure doing this could you do a pre order on them with deposits? I think you would sell easily 10 times the amount of .44's you brought in if not more in the 45-70 caliber.

I personally would give you deposit for 5 of them for guys in my hunting group that said they would each take one immediately.

The only thing I could see that could possibly make this a better gun would be to have it made in stainless steel rather than the chrome.

Please keep us informed I think you would sell out with a pre order in a few days.

hey now,

don't go hogging all the take downs

i'd be in for a take down 45-70 as well :D

Expried Business Member
    once we get everything confirmed we will let you know!

CGN frequent flyer
    50 alaskan, the 45-70 market it so done to death. Or both, don`t have anything against 45-70. I hope it will be a barrel length where it can burn more than 45 acp worth of powder. Barrels are easy to shorten hard to add onto. If it is going to be really short, all the more reason to go large since you aren`t going to be pushing much more velocity out of it.