Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: XCR-L break-in and recoil buffer damage?

Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    Mr. Wolverine, aside from the recoil buffers, is there anything in the spare part's kits that wouldn't work in one of the new style XCR-L's?
    You need to note if new or old style bolt catch.
    I should also change the spare parts kit so that with the new bolt there is a spare firing pin retainer and firing pin retainer O ring, I haven't done this yet. Lose the O ring and you can lose the pin, lose the pin and your bolt will jam on the firing pin. If you only lose the O ring your rifle will still function but when you field strip the firing pin retaining pin could fall out. I just learnt this the hard way.

CORRECTION:
    The L bolt is not fitted with an O ring at this time only the M bolt. I was confused. I have spoken to Rob Arms and they are looking into supplying O rings to use in the L bolt but they may have to be custom made/ordered. In the mean time please be aware that the firing pin retainer may fall out when field stripping.

We will be stocking spare retainer pins and will be getting some sample O rings to try.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 06-17-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Under no circumstances use the Winchester white box in these rifles. It seems to have way to soft a primer and there have been disconcerting amount of out of battery detonations using this ammo.
    is this the case with the new keymod models? I have used 4 boxes of this ammo through my keymod without issue. I have a few more yet but if I shouldnt shoot it then ill trade off the 4 boxes I have still.
    NFA member

Quote Originally Posted by zeuce View Post
    is this the case with the new keymod models? I have used 4 boxes of this ammo through my keymod without issue. I have a few more yet but if I shouldnt shoot it then ill trade off the 4 boxes I have still.
    Your gun will have the bolt carrier assemble which is designed to handle that type of ammo, but I still do not like that ammo, I have seen way to many problems.

ok good to know. thank you very much!
    NFA member

Great Info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    You need to note if new or old style bolt catch.
    I should also change the spare parts kit so that with the new bolt there is a spare firing pin retainer and firing pin retainer O ring, I haven't done this yet. Lose the O ring and you can lose the pin, lose the pin and your bolt will jam on the firing pin. If you only lose the O ring your rifle will still function but when you field strip the firing pin retaining pin could fall out. I just learnt this the hard way.
    Will it be possible to buy a firing pin retainer and firing pin retainer O ring without buying a whole set of spare parts? And is the firing pin itself still the same?

Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    Will it be possible to buy a firing pin retainer and firing pin retainer O ring without buying a whole set of spare parts? And is the firing pin itself still the same?
    CORRECTION:
    The L bolt is not fitted with an O ring at this time only the M bolt. I was confused. I have spoken to Rob Arms and they are looking into supplying O rings to use in the L bolt but they may have to be custom made/ordered. In the mean time please be aware that the firing pin retainer may fall out when field stripping.

We will be stocking spare retainer pins and will be getting some sample O rings to try. All small parts can be ordered separately, they are not on our web site yet so please e-mail sales .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hmm interesting info, I've shot a bunch of Winny White box through mine with no problems. I don't shoot any great amount of Norc ammo so I guess I'll have to source some different ammo that has harder primers. Is the American Eagle black box .223 stuff fine to shoot?

Xcr needs to be well lubed. What lube would you guys recommend?
    Member: CSSA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    CORRECTION:

We will be stocking spare retainer pins and will be getting some sample O rings to try. All small parts can be ordered separately, they are not on our web site yet so please e-mail sales .
    That's great! Mr. Wolverine, you guys are on the ball. I love it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast