Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Preventing dangerous people from obtaining a PAL

CGN frequent flyer
    if the dude is dangerous, get yourself and your family away from him. thats it.

as for makin phone calls, im in the myob camp.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    1-800-731-4000

press 1 for English
    then press 2 for concerned citizen/spiteful ex

CGN frequent flyer
    lol@ "/spiteful ex"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paatz View Post
    Myob.
    Yeah who cares! Let another psycho get a gun. That'll really help our fight for reasonable gun control laws...

Rights come with responsibilities. I think you're doing the right thing.
    - CSSA - CCFR -

BANNED
    Taking his property without his knowledge is called theft. That is a criminal offence that would result in you losing your PAL/RPAL and all your firearms.
    If the guy threatened you, you should have called police. Threatening somebody with bodily harm is a criminal offence.
    If he is family and he has used you or one of your relatives as a reference, there should be a phone call as part of the application process. However, there's is nothing that says you cannot contact the CFC anyway.
    If the kid is threatened in any way it's up to you or the kid's ma to report it to police. Or Children's Aid.

CGN frequent flyer
    the responsibilities of a gun owner is to make sure their guns are safe, not to patrol all off society and take pre-emptive measures against others.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    I am sure that calling the CFC and all the details that you are not disclosing is a judgement call and weighed by a lot of things that we have no business knowing about and you have no business discussing on a open forum.

However, any issue that concerns child welfare is not a judgement call or left to any ones discretion. Any threat, potential for violence, abuse, neglect, or abandonment concerning a child is by law required to be reported. This can not be more black and white; there is no gray area or judgement allowed by you. In fact should you not report, by law that makes you as responsible for any harm as if you did it yourself. Perhaps this will tip the balance concerning the firearm license and reporting to the CFC.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

raise the concern to RCMP and let them know.

But I'm just saying, just because of ones physical size, doesn't mean they are confrontational.

If I could get my family completely isolated from him, I would do so, but this is not an option right now because of the child. I do not disclose all the details, this is true, and I have my reasons, but if you read carefully, you should be able to figure everything out. Preventing this individual from obtaining a license and having guns in the house is my choice since he threatened me verbally and physically. If I can send this guy into a frenzy by asking him to mind his own business, I can only imagine what he will do if he gets into a real conflict. I did not instigate him, he instigated me and I stood up to him. What do you think will happen to the next smaller than him person who stands up to him?
    What he does at home with his wife and kid is not currently known to me, but this may change, for now, this is only about the PAL and disarming a "loose cannon".

xp

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast