Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700s are back in action!

Don't tempt me... I want one... drool.

Quote Originally Posted by RayHill View Post
    I was on Remington's website when this recall happened months back. I reported my gun to them that it was one of the bad ones. They said that they will send a shipping box out to me in the mail..... Well I'm still waiting for it to show up.

Anyone get theirs yet?
    Same here.
    -gosse

I know Remmington released a statement (of sorts) saying they hadn't sorted out the Canadian part of the recall yet.
    No I don't have a link, sorry.

Here's the link to the recall, seems like everyone who has already given them their money is on the low or no priority list.
    http://xmprecall.remington.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RayHill View Post
    I was on Remington's website when this recall happened months back. I reported my gun to them that it was one of the bad ones. They said that they will send a shipping box out to me in the mail..... Well I'm still waiting for it to show up.

Anyone get theirs yet?
    Still waiting on mine as well. Sent a few followup emails with no response. I'm pretty close to just paying the money for an aftermarket trigger ...
    Member OFAH, CSSA

I'm also waiting since the first week of the recall notice. Sent in my info and no box yet....

Just go for an aftermarket trigger! I did that and its an amazing upgrade! Well worth it.
    Now here's the deal boys, it's just like shooting trap but the clays are coming at you... and they're grenades.

BANNED
    The problem that caused the recall is some lube they put on the trigger group, iirc. People could just clean their own and relube right?

I put a jewell hvrts rh trigger n my rem 700 cdl sf and love it.

http://www.mysticprecision.com/wp/43...s-rh-triggers/

The Canadian 700 recall was poorly launched.

If, during the initial few weeks of the recall, you entered your Canadian info on the site, it is most likely lost and you will never get a shipping box. I've been in touch with the recall centre in Montreal and the lady says:

- Canadian customers need to go back to the XMP recall page, and MAKE SURE TO CHOOSE CANADA off the top. The site now properly redirects the Canadian guns to the the Canadian waiting list. This is the waiting list for trigger availability, once you are in queue, and they receive your trigger, you will get a container shipped.

Still waiting... but the conversation went well and I was left with a reasonable feeling this was in-progress.
    IPSC, CSSA
    EOHC, RA

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast