Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: XCR-M Pistol Mags!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer8321 View Post
    Do these mags have anti tilt followers? Or are they basically built the same way as the 5rnd factory mags? I have four factory 5rnd mags, (three that i bought from Wolverine) they are garbage and i threw them in the shed with a pile of garbage in the corner...sucks that i paid $25 a piece for them. I can shoot all day using PMAGS but as soon as i use factory mags i have continuous jams. I am eager to hear how these pistol mags work in an XCR-M.
    This is a common problem with some mags that can be easily remedied, there is nothing wrong with the basic mags, they just need a little inspection/tweak. Measure the distance between the feed lips, it has to be enough for the lower part of the bolt to enter and push out the round. Measure with vernier calipers, the distance should be at least 0.560 inches. If it is less, say around 0.540 or even less on the 10 rounders I just purchased, the bolt tends to push the round down and give erratic feeding (causing one to perhaps be very disappointed and go buy PMags, which work very well most of the time). Using a Brownells feed lip tool (or a smooth jawed hand clamp, which works even better) gently open up the feed lips (a little at a time on each lip) until the desired distance is obtained. The feed lip spacing on PMags is 0.560 inches. I have several of the Panther Arms mags also and was having some erratic feeding which was remedied by measuring/adjusting the feed lips to 0.565-0.570 inches. They all feed beautifully now and I have no need to throw/store them in the woodshed, lol.

Toronto - Silverdale Gun Club & Target Sports Canada
    Are there magwedges available for these?

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha niner View Post
    Are there magwedges available for these?
    We have lots of the mags available but as of right now no mag wedges. They are in production so we should have them in the not to distant future.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bear View Post
    This is a common problem with some mags that can be easily remedied, there is nothing wrong with the basic mags, they just need a little inspection/tweak. Measure the distance between the feed lips, it has to be enough for the lower part of the bolt to enter and push out the round. Measure with vernier calipers, the distance should be at least 0.560 inches. If it is less, say around 0.540 or even less on the 10 rounders I just purchased, the bolt tends to push the round down and give erratic feeding (causing one to perhaps be very disappointed and go buy PMags, which work very well most of the time). Using a Brownells feed lip tool (or a smooth jawed hand clamp, which works even better) gently open up the feed lips (a little at a time on each lip) until the desired distance is obtained. The feed lip spacing on PMags is 0.560 inches. I have several of the Panther Arms mags also and was having some erratic feeding which was remedied by measuring/adjusting the feed lips to 0.565-0.570 inches. They all feed beautifully now and I have no need to throw/store them in the woodshed, lol.
    Thanks. Might give that a try in the spring when I get er out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    I heard a little birdy and he told me a tale. He told me that it might not be long before these are back in for sale.
    Cant seem to find these on your webpage, are they still avail?...as I resurect a 5 year old thread...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910