Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused

BANNED

Confused

Decided to ask here cause it seems like a noob question to me lol

I'm in the process of obtaining my restricted PAL, the instructor told us the ONLY way to get it (i live in QC) was to go trough personal deposit of the forms at the HQ of the suretee du quebec here in montreal and have the proper form signed by a police officer and he would finish up the process by mailing the forms.

I already have my regular PAL and sent everything trough registered mail and everything went smooth. I find it odd that anyone would have to do this (thinking of peoples living further out)

So i'm asking if he was right cause i've never heard anyone mentioning that ALL quebec residents went to "parthenais" (SQ headquarters) to get all the papers checked and the personal deposit form signed by a police officer to get a restricted PAL.

Thanks

CGN Regular
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...1#post10201169

This person (multicam333) can probably answer your question.

BANNED
    To answer my own question since i just went trough the process, in quebec you need to bring all of your papers for a restricted PAL (yes even if you had a regular PAL before) to the police station with the form "depot en personne" so an officer can fill it up for a fee of course (that i didn't know of) it'll cost you $35.00 for that bit. They'll even include the envelope and the stamps.

On a side note DO NOT go to the post office first to have it weighted and "registered" before you go to the police station cause the post office once your envelope is registered, they cannot give it back to you so you will lose that amount since the police station will mail it themselves

So... the only way to go it seems is to grab all your filled out paperwork photo and all, including that form for the officer to fill out and go down to your neighborhood police station and tell them you're here for a restricted firearm license and bring extra cash.

Hope this will answer someone else's questions about how to get your R in this beautiful province

http://www.sq.gouv.qc.ca/mission-et-...rmes-a-feu.pdf <--- I don't think there's an English one of these but
    You don't have to do anything with that just print it and put it on top of your paperwork
    Last edited by kobs; 07-04-2014 at 02:35 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    This is right, extra income tax for them, always more expensive in La Belle Province... JP.

BANNED
    It won't help or make any difference, but you should ask to see the law that says they have the authority to add a fee for filling in another useless piece of paper. You might want to contact your MP and ask him why this is being permitted.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    It won't help or make any difference, but you should ask to see the law that says they have the authority to add a fee for filling in another useless piece of paper. You might want to contact your MP and ask him why this is being permitted.
    True but me being in the police station and was asked $35 to send my papers, all i could say was yes sir loll. Last thing i wanted was to slow down my getting that R. I know i'm getting screwed left and right and will be again with Bill 9 and range fee etc. when i get my restricted. I guess getting a restricted license is a bit like being in prison, you think you're tough but you're just someone's biotch in this case the Government's

When I went to the station to have mine signed it was free and I had to go to the post office to mail it, they wouldn't do it for me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    If your not confused with our firearms laws, your not paying attention.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by seem View Post
    When I went to the station to have mine signed it was free and I had to go to the post office to mail it, they wouldn't do it for me.
    That just means some police station are taking advantage of anything they can charge you with. I noticed on the wall while i was waiting, a list of stuff they were charging as well, like a background check to see if you have a criminal record also $35. I bet if i went downtown to "Parthenais" SQ police headquarters, they probably wouldn't have charged me. But in my little "village" of Chateauguay i wasn't surprised.

BANNED
    I just took the required paper work (Quebec version) to our local detachment.. explained to them what they had to do.. Sign and date it gave it back to me for mailing.

They seemed puzzeled by the whole process, but I'm far away from "Parthenais" and I like it that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast