Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asperger's and P.A.L Application

Quote Originally Posted by Rasp76 View Post
    Knightly it should be no problem I had to have a form filled out when I lived in Ontario, I took mine to my family doctor and its was that I was of sound mind and of no threat to myself of others, Id assume its similar and its one of those things that falls under the CFO's Discretion under public safety, You can even have your doctor fax them in the form.

I think its just a way to cover their asses in case nothing ever happens is what was sort of explained to me.

But really ASP isn't even recognized anymore as of last year so its a moot issue imho
    Ok, Thank You. Should be no problem for me either, may just take a bit longer but whatever.

I decided what I am going to do, I will answer yes under behavioural issues, but attach a note saying that I only answered yes because of the broad wording and that I have asperger's which is a mild form of autism, then also attach a letter which I will have my psychologist write basically explaining what asperger's is and that I am not a danger to myself or others.

This should hopefully reduce my wait time, as they won't have to send me a form and then have me send it back, probably.

Sounds like you'll be golden, Technically if you check asp isn't even recognized anymore in Canada and you could legally check no, but whatever your morally comfortable with is also very respectable, I was in a similar scenario where I could have checked a box no but I chose to check yes and had to do more paperwork so I understand completely.

I offer a Pre-Emptive Welcome to the Pal community club greeting to you 8)

Hell even if your seeing imaginary six foot rabbits I have no issues until you shoot at them in a public place! (A joke)

Sounds like you'll be golden, Technically if you check asp isn't even recognized anymore in Canada and you could legally check no, but whatever your morally comfortable with is also very respectable, I was in a similar scenario where I could have checked a box no but I chose to check yes and had to do more paperwork so I understand completely.

I offer a Pre-Emptive Welcome to the Pal community club greeting to you 8)

Hell even if your seeing imaginary six foot rabbits I have no issues until you shoot at them in a public place! (A joke)
    Thank You very much. I'll add you to my friends and notify you when I get the license and the SKS I want, I have a printed out page with the sks and the price printed out and taped to one of my kitchen cabinet doors! :P

Woo an sks and a mosin Nagant and a SVT 40 are perfect starter guns and all for about 500 bux, ammo is cheap

If your ever near Moncton well go kill some paper!

Woo an sks and a mosin Nagant and a SVT 40 are perfect starter guns and all for about 500 bux, ammo is cheap

Thank You for the invitation, I definitely will accept if I am near there. Also, you are correct about the low cost, I am just gonna need to take a small loan from the Bank of Dad, and I'll be fine. :P

Lol apparently Frontier Firearms has Gun loans now, but I advise against any loan other than a primary home. 8) I have a SVT, SKS, Mosin Nagant in round and Hex receiver you can try along with many others

CGN frequent flyer Trigger_The_Rookie's Avatar
    Indeed! Welcome to the community.
    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. -Ayn Rand
    NFA: NO COMPROMISE

500 bucks? Seems much cheaper: http://www.alflahertys.com/products/...-7-62x39-sksrs

No I meant all three for 500 bux

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast