Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: From Prophet ... To the range ... SA NM M1A....

A shame, to remove the sights on a m1a, but nice scope and groups

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNbear View Post
    Would that be the aluminum or steel
    thanks for your post :-)
    This one is aluminum but it is available in steel to, if it ever start to move i will order a steel one but i doubt it, this is a quality mount... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer condomboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    How do you get sub MOA from these ones huh??
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    They are very well tuned rifles out of the box, those groups were achieved with Superformance factory 150 gr SST... JP.
    I think Brutus was saying that those squares would be 1"x1" and all the groups are larger than one box so SUB MOA would be within a single box... so it doesn't compute

Plus weren't you supposed to be in France now for several weeks?
    If you know how many guns you have... you don't have enough

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    So caramel I challenged you to prove you shoot the groups you claim and you gave the excuse you would be in France and unable to put the skepticism by many here on the forum to rest. I see your still shooting and posting your groupings so what's your excuse now?

Beautiful rifle but not sub-MOA.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    3PPCLI

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDelta View Post
    Beautiful rifle but not sub-MOA.
    This is factory ammo, a nice tailored load will be an easy sub MOA rifle at least at 100 or 200 yards, i agree when i will shoot at 600 metres with it, MOA will be a very nice success, if the rifle achieve it that far... JP.

They would be if I wasn't shooting factory ammo? Is that what you are saying?

I am not trying to be a jerk but those groupings in the picture are not sub MOA? Not one of them would fit entirely within the borders of a 1" square?. To reason that handloads would be sub MOA based on these factory ammo groupings is like saying I would have had my limit if I hadn't missed that last duck I shot at?
    Originally Posted by ADK

“These threads are great, it's like Whack-A-Mole; hit one idiot over the head and others just keep popping up.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'm starting to judge the accuracy of a rifle and ammo by multi shot groups! Usually 10 rds. That shows me what I can do and what the rifle is capable of with a warm, hot barrel!! 3 shot clean cold barrel groups don't tell me much?? Holding my concentration and breathing control gets harder with multiple quick shots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the spank View Post
    They would be if I wasn't shooting factory ammo? Is that what you are saying?

I am not trying to be a jerk but those groupings in the picture are not sub MOA? Not one of them would fit entirely within the borders of a 1" square?. To reason that handloads would be sub MOA based on these factory ammo groupings is like saying I would have had my limit if I hadn't missed that last duck I shot at?
    Many S-Thomas in the bunch, i use a carboard template i cut exactly to 1.308 diameter, every groups that fit inside without touching the side is sub MOA... I did not kept the original target but they went tru the template for verification...
    Now i did replicate very precisely the groups on one of the same target and took pictures...
    From all my shooting only one ammo produced sub MOA results, (those 2 groups), Hornady Superformance 150 gr SST ( was lucky to get the last 15 boxes on Saturday from Le Baron), all other ammo did not pass the template test up to 2 MOA... JP.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by caramel; 07-01-2014 at 11:05 AM.

All further sub MOA group will be taken with the template in picture directly at the range to avoid arguments... JP.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast