Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: From Prophet ... To the range ... SA NM M1A....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigtactical View Post
    woaw, the in-house thread wreckers team at work again in full envy mode. if the view of nice rifle you can't afford is disturbing, maybe refraining from even looking make sens??
    For sure Carmel attracts a bit of envy posting his expensive cars,bikes,guns and talk of summering in France etc... but he doesn't help(beyond entertainment value of the fallout) when he makes un necessary, exaggerated performance claims.

For the record, I like his posts. But I understand some of the skeptics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlappy View Post
    If he just would have stated the obvious truth (1.5ish MOA, still excellent groups BTW!) this thread would not be nearly as entertaining. My favorite is the template.. I think I will make myself one big enough to cover any possible flyers. lol

Sweet rifle Caramel and really nice optic.

Don't ever stop being you!
    If you make your template out of a suitable O ring you could stretch it to fit when the groups aren't round....

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    they might not...... but when I see high end m1a's for sale in the ee from guys who have posted reloading for them..... I steer clear :D
    What is the warranty for a SA? What's covered?
    Lifetime? Transferable?
    Imagine contacting them about your sweet new rifle with a warped or cracked walnut stock and they ask if you fired reloads?

In Canada we are lucky if a company sees fit to make sure the parts are in country! Getting a gun fixed in Canada under warranty, in under a year, with satisfaction is probably a dream for most owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    This thread makes me want to get out and try my m1a to see if I can even come close to how good JP shoots. Wish I had time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    woaw, the in-house thread wreckers team at work again in full envy mode. if the view of nice rifle you can't afford is disturbing, maybe refraining from even looking make sens??
    I don't think you understand. Almost everyone is complimenting Caramel on his beautiful rifle. It is the "sub MOA" boasting that is drawing ire.

...she's capable of 1.7-2 moa at 200 though...
    Aaaaaaand now it's clear why you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    just a heads up to guys who buy these big name m1a's from the states, JRA, LRB, SAI ect....... you do know that you fully and completely void the warranty by shooting reloads right?
    the superformance factory ammo shoots like crap in my "accurate rifles" , mod 70 7mm rm, steyer .308, Krieger barrelled m305, very erratic
    they might not...... but when I see high end m1a's for sale in the ee from guys who have posted reloading for them..... I steer clear
    WHO AND WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
    Springfield, Inc. warrants to You, the original retail purchaser of the Product, that the Product
    You purchased will be free of defects in workmanship or material, subject to the terms of this
    document.

HOW LONG WILL THIS WARRANTY LAST?
    This Limited Warranty will last and be in effect during in which YOU, the original retail
    purchaser, owns the Product.
    OK so I took a look and it looks like the warranty only applies to the original owner so if you are buying used worrying about reloads is moot.

Also as for reloads they pretty much say what every gun maker says....any problems caused by reloaded ammo is not covered. It does not say that "you fully and completely void the warranty by shooting reloads"

WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
    This Limited Warranty does not cover any damage or condition determined by Springfield to be
    caused by:

unauthorized repairs, disassembly, adjustments or modifications
    carelessness, negligence, misuse, or unsafe handling
    normal wear and tear
    failure to properly or reasonably store, use, or maintain the product
    hand-loaded, reloaded, remanufactured, or defective ammunition

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345