Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SW Manitoba distaster

SW Manitoba distaster

Most of South West Manitoba has declared a state of emergency after torrential rain storms over the weekend. Our sympathy to those with flood damage. Photos below show Ryan and Grumpy coming to work this morning! Wolverine is lucky to have such dedicated employees but with all the flooding our service may be a little slower than normal,

The evening before the water was much higher!
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 06-30-2014 at 01:47 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kennymo's Avatar
    Rough all over with this weather. Some towns in the Interlake have declared state of emergency as well, up to six inches of rain in not much more than two days. Hope everyone comes through OK.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Yeah notice who got picked to be the "sacrificial lamb" so to speak
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    "sacrificial lamb"
    yeah sure, I think that is a fishing spear you have in your hand, you thought you saw a big old catfish and you have your mind set on some fried catfish for supper.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    There is nothing you gave in stock that is worth loosing you guys. Speaking as a Calgarian who experienced the floods here last year. Be safe out there!
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

time to ask for a raise

I had some water come through my basement window,into the laundry room ,pretty much overland flooding along with my Koi pond overflowing it`s banks........

BUT ,the gun room is high and dry !!!

That was Saturday ,then came those 70-75km/h winds all Sunday ,then came the 4 hour power outage !!

........sure beats winter though ! LOL

Hope the good folks in the Brandon region and area (Sask. too ) pull through OK !!

paul t
    NFA member
    CSSA member
    Delta Waterfowl member
    Ducks Unlimited member

I NEVER MET A LIBERAL ,I EVER LIKED. Will Rogers

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blista77 View Post
    time to ask for a raise
    Nah, just the redneck in me, couldn't wait to see what it was like. I volunteered to give it a little walk through. My body tells me I'm not 18 anymore every morning, but the mind says, "Git'R'Done!". Besides Hbean was correct, a nice big ole catfish would have been a bonus. I do up a mean blackened catfish, as well as a pretty tasty deep fried catfish and hush puppies.

If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Most of South West Manitoba has declared a state of emergency after torrential rain storms over the weekend. Our sympathy to those with flood damage. Photos below show Ryan and Grumpy coming to work this morning! Wolverine is lucky to have such dedicated employees but with all the flooding our service may be a little slower than normal,

The evening before the water was much higher?
    I just heard on the news Virden was one of the municipalities affected by all the rain. The first think that popped in my head was you guys lol probably cause you're the only people I know out there. Be safe, and hopefully there isn't any water damage in your homes or the shop. Best of luck and btw if there are any Daniel Defense rifles that need testing cause they might have gotten wet, I'd be more than happy to sacrifice my time and drive out there and help you test them lol. But seriously best of luck hopefully your Canada Day events for tomorrow aren't ruined!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Small potatoes here but, I had to declare my own state of emergency last week. As I came home from camp and to my dismay, found the sump pump had failed. Probably about 48 hours before I got home.
    Looks like it got ankle deep. But after the cleanup crew was done, now 3-4 feet of drywall had to be torn out in all the finished downstairs rooms by other contractors.
    Most importantly, thank god the reloading bench just got it's feet wet.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast