Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unforgiving weather = Temporary store closure

Unforgiving weather = Temporary store closure

Hi folks,

We had hoped our road would have improved since Monday however the only access road to our office is no longer safe to use.

Unfortunately we have no choice but close the store tomorrow Wednesday July 2nd. They are unable to work on the road until the water slows down so we do not have a specific timeline but will keep our website, CGN and Facebook updated on a daily basis.

Please understand that we have been unable to ship all e-commerce orders placed since Friday June 27th.

We apologize for the inconvenience and can assure you that it will be business as usual as soon as possible!

Thank you,
    Danielle

Last edited by Wolverine Supplies Sales; 07-01-2014 at 04:16 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TRaTSeRiF's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about that guys. I wish you the best of luck with the weather and the repairs, so you can get back up and running ASAP!
    A penny found is worth more than a penny earned, because a penny earned is taxed.

Hope you guys recover soon!

I woke up at 7.30 am only to find that it apeared that all my routes out were under water or washed out. Normally that would be of no concern but today I was due to catch a plane in Winnipeg, my first leg of a Safari to Mozambique with my grandson Curtis as a graduation treat. I checked my resources, front wheel assist tractors, ATV, Jeep, 4x4 Chev, Argocat or canoe. A cold swim was out of the question with the amount of kit I had to take out. I started up my old (antique) IH TD9 bulldozer she seemed my best option and then Dannie could meet me across the "creek" and take me to Winnipeg. Fortunatly the water level dropped and I used my Chevy, I was probably one of the last across the creek, an interesting start to this Safari. We all have to bend to Mother Nature on occasions, here at Wolverine Supplies we are lucky as we are on high ground so no damage, others in the area have suffered very badly. The water run off is unbelievable, the number of washed out roads is huge. Some time durring the night a huge 3 ft "tidal wave" hit our creek, probably when a large culvert in a rivene up stream created a huge dam before it burst. Good job Grumpy was not crossing then! or I am sure Ryan and I would have heard some new Irish curse words! as we waved farewell

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Hey Boss, I can make it through that, I got my Bergen and my hip waders, no problem! Just a short yomp from there to the office!
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Hey Boss, I can make it through that, I got my Bergen and my hip waders, no problem! Just a short yomp from there to the office!
    Yes, I know you can, but take the day off and rest as it may get worse before it gets better and what are you going to do with Tyson? When you can, please take my Chevy back to the store as David may prefer her for the mail run. She is parked the "wrong" side of the creek, remember no swimming her back!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Sounds like a good excuse to buy a hovercraft and write it off as a business expense!!

Stay safe!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SwL_Wildcat's Avatar
    Any further west and I'd have to learn Japanese..
    Post pictures of the Chevy making the crossing!

Part of the small fringe minority with unacceptable views.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Yes, I know you can, but take the day off and rest as it may get worse before it gets better and what are you going to do with Tyson? When you can, please take my Chevy back to the store as David may prefer her for the mail run. She is parked the "wrong" side of the creek, remember no swimming her back!
    I have some ideas of what to do with Tyson, but I don't think the majority of them may be legal in this country I'll make sure the Chevy gets back and I won't swim it back across, can't even bring it in the backway either LOL. We could consider opening up Wolverine Whitewater Excursions though.....
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Simply unbelievable. what a mess.

Courage my friends.
    Claude NFA - NRA - FCSA
    Vide Aude Tace -
    Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is the ability to ACT properly in the face of fear.

You do not need to be over 50 to shoot the .50BMG. Try it

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast