Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to guns

BANNED
    i'd go with a RUGER 10/22 HARDWOOD STOCK for roughly $280-300 A LEAPERS UTG 3-9X32 for roughly $150 and i would personally add a ATI stock for $129 so around $60 above budget.
    it would look like something like this with this scope (btw it's a really good little scope i have one on my 9mm not too long or bulky looks great on small firearms )

Pic of my 9mm with the scope on

Savage Axis 223 xp

I recommend savage axis 223 xp c/w mounted scope and action rope lock. I recently purchased one for $329.99tx and ammo on sale ran me $7.49tx for a box of 20. Nice price for a nice gun. My only fault with it is it's composite stock. I like wooden stocks. But deadly accurate. Lots of good reviews. I like mine that much I purchased one for my son as we plan to use to hunt coyote.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/axis2xp

I recommend savage axis 223 xp c/w mounted scope and action rope lock. I recently purchased one for $329.99tx and ammo on sale ran me $7.49tx for a box of 20. Nice price for a nice gun. My only fault with it is it's composite stock. I like wooden stocks. But deadly accurate. Lots of good reviews. I like mine that much I purchased one for my son as we plan to use to hunt coyote.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/axis2xp

Quote Originally Posted by Found View Post
    I would recommend a bolt gun and open sights to start. An older Cooey will save you some money and last a life time...
    I really like this advice. Mostly because my first rifle was a .22 cooey hand me down from my Dad.
    Combine that with the fact that it's Canadian made adds some 'history'. There simple, accurate, and pretty cheap.

Welcome and plus one more for the Savage. My Mark 2 was accurate right out of the box. Added an inexpensive tasco scope and raccoons beware. Although a semi-auto .22 with a 50 round mag has it's upside too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12