Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa Alaskan scout 12", will we see anymore?

CGN Regular

Question Chiappa Alaskan scout 12", will we see anymore?

Is there any talk of bringing in more 12" chiappa Alaskan scouts? If so, what caliber(s) will be offered and when might we see them?

I read in the original scout thread that you had something in the works, but was wondering if you could share anything further on this?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's wondering.

Thanks in advance, C.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    I have a feeling that as soon as they know what they are doing they will......let us know.
    Meanwhile call or email them and get on a waitlist.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mardig88's Avatar
    How much were they going for?
    Si vis pacem, Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by mardig88 View Post
    How much were they going for?
    I think they were going for around $1500.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanmalmal View Post
    I think they were going for around $1500.
    That was after tax and shipping...

Mine came to about $1450.00.

Only things I want to do to it is to see if I can put on some adjustable sights, and put on a better recoil pad.

The rifle is a bit of a thumper, I actually got a good bruise to the shoulder by putting 75 rounds through mine in one sitting while wearing a t-shirt... I think the last time that I got a bruise from shooting a gun, it was firing a featherweight 30-06 to sight it in.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Gotta one hand that beast like Zombieland lol
    CSSA/NFA Member / Silverdale Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I hope no more.

It was touted as a one of run.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

I'd also put my name down on a waiting list, I won't lie if I had the room on either my credit card or line of credit there would have been 0 hesitation in grabbing one of these. Which is horrible but ..SHUT UP AND TAKE ME MONEY .Though I've never personally owned a Chippa firearm I'll say the fit and finish on the scout looks beautiful and the size is perfect the canoe or back pack! I'm in love </3 ...well was by the looks of things

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I would buy another run of a rifle or 2 though................
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Expried Business Member
    As in other threads on this topic: we are working on projects with Chiappa as the success of this last one suggests, and CGN will be first to know when we're concrete. A lot goes into doing something like this and doing it well is even harder; judging by the last ones, we managed to do it right. We're committed to bringing Canadians exciting, unique firearms of high quality and the highest level of service, and that starts with having our ducks in a row and making sure to avoid pitfalls.

We love the super positive response to these and we really love all the caliber/feature feedback and people telling us their special use cases. A lot of our shooters have really unique needs not seen by a lot of the American public or even some of the other Canadian target shooters; our wilderness is less tame, broader in extremes, and full of amazing challenges for a great many varieties of jobs and hobbies. Down south their population density is much higher and their landmass much smaller; jobs that we have here are often much more remote than the same job down there, and the seasonal shifts much more severe. It's been very illuminating to see the wishlists of our friends and shooters and the amazing reports back from the last batch... It sure seems like there's two dozen hugely satisfied shooters out there!

So, we're working on it, and if you'd like to be sure to see the next unique project, sign up with our Newsletter on the front page of the Wanstallsonline.com website!

Cheers,
    Daniel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast