Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Colt Canada / Diemaco Civilian Market Rifles

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sone View Post
    What tax do you charge to an out of province buyer? Is shipping free?
    taxes are of your province and shipping is a flat rate $10!!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by angrysoldier View Post
    Considering the military pays 1200 per rifle with optic, this price is a little too high for me. If your wondering how i know go to cgcs on the dwan and look up the nsn with price.
    $1,850.00. I'm looking at the C7A2 entry in the CGCS system right now from work.

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Can you bring the 15.7" barrelled rifle in the USA or is it too short? Why not a 16" barrel?
    15.7 is the new 16". The 15.7" gives you CQB ability and still accuracy of 16.5 barrel.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by -[Crosshair]- View Post
    $1,850.00. I'm looking at the C7A2 entry in the CGCS system right now from work.
    this is confrimed ...i had to check myself.

I also remember reading that before putting Colt's design into production, Diemaco made a few changes -- about 150 changes. Anyone know more about this?

Got this from army.ca.forum

Now lets talk barrels: The C7 barrel is not the same as any M16 barrel except for the exterior profile which is M16A2. The Material is to a formula developed here in Diemaco (under Gov‘t contract) so that the entire bore and chamber configuration can be integrally formed in one operation on a rotary hammer forge. This process produces a barrel that is much stronger than the US M16A2 barrel. The bore dimensions were developed to fire C77 ammunition, (Chamber, bullet lead, diameters) the bore has dimensional reduction as the bullet moves forward (squeeze) to increase life and accuracy. The bore is plated with harder chrome than the M16. This allows greater wear life (2 to 3 times M16) and lets us machine C9 barrels from the same barrel blank. The SFW was recently tested and purchased by the UK special forces and won in competition against the Swiss SIG series rifles and the H&K G36 rifle. This barrel is now in use by the Special Forces in five countries and the US Navy Seals have expressed interest in putting them in the M4 Carbines that they have. We have just completed a C8 Carbine upgrade program for Canada which is a new barrel with an improved chamber and stronger extractor spring assembly and a weaker ejector spring. These are the same internal configuration as our very successful SFW barrel.

Differences: The C7 rifle and C8 Carbine is made under license with a Tech Data Package provided by Colt to the Canadian Gov‘t. Diemaco reviewed the design and made about 150 changes to the drawing package before Canadian production. These are to numerous to mention her but include things like materials and processes as well as a different barrel configuration and manufacturing processes.

The improved handguard we designed here after CWO John Ginn kept beating the Colt version off the weapon on the parade square. You probably can‘t tell from the outside but if the you take the handguard off, you will notice two types. The improved version has two large ribs under the heat shield and three interlocking ribs on either edge as well as different material. These were introduced late in the program so they had to be interchangable and be a good match with the old handguard.

Another change you may notice is the small diameter front sight post that we developed when soldiers complained that the US large square one actually obscured the target at ranges of 300 and greater.

I hope this helps you with the discussion and thank you for your interest in the C7.

Ian Anderson ILS Supervisor Product Engineering Dept. Diemaco a division of Heroux- Devtek

Please note: Any opinions expressed or implied in this email are personal are not necessarily those of Heroux Devtek or Diemaco

It's old info. And skewed.

I noticed on Diemaco Colt Canada's website the new rifles are advertised with a number of 'goodies' that are shipped with every rifle (listed as ANCILLARY ITEMS IN THE BOX).

http://www.coltcanada.com/diemaco-products.html

Will these be included in your current retail sale?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMDICE View Post
    I noticed on Diemaco Colt Canada's website the new rifles are advertised with a number of 'goodies' that are shipped with every rifle (listed as ANCILLARY ITEMS IN THE BOX).

http://www.coltcanada.com/diemaco-products.html

Will these be included in your current retail sale?
    ??

They come with all the Rifles sold by the Dealers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bruin048 View Post
    ??

They come with all the Rifles sold by the Dealers.
    Just because they come with the rifles from Colt to the wholesale distributer dose not mean every retail dealer will include them .
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Just because they come with the rifles from Colt to the wholesale distributer dose not mean every retail dealer will include them .
    True. I have had a dealer swap Mags on me before.