Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Colt Canada / Diemaco Civilian Market Rifles

Why is everyone complaining about the so called high price? Are they comparing it to Norinco or NEA? Compared to a KAC it's a bargain. Since these came out I've gotten rid of my KAC rifles. Don't get me wrong the KAC were very reliable and I did get a chance to use them in some very snowy wet and cold conditions and didn't have a problem. But right away it was very noticeable the groups on the SA-15.7 are a lot smaller. Much more accurate rifle. And am betting more long term durability and reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashed View Post
    High price!
    Colt can ask what they want, it's up to us should we order. Enough competition out there.
    We got two in our family.
    Very few left anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman1377 View Post
    Holy jumping Jebus

Why did Diemaco price these so high? I mean a Colt ar15a4 is only 1400 give or take Why are these a full 2000?
    These are the same barrels as the Canadian military uses. They are hammer forged and have a thicker chrome lining, able to withstand full auto fire at -65°C. An unfinished Colt Canada barrel costs more than a finished Colt USA one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Colt Canada and Colt Defense are not the same product, production line, or level.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Colt Canada and Colt Defense are not the same product, production line, or level.
    Was looking into this, but not having much luck finding good, sourced answers (as opposed to opinion / anecdotal / etc. ). Possible to point me in the right direction regarding differences between the two - and hopefully it will be apparent to a relative rookie why the differences point to Colt Canada superiority.

Many thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
    Was looking into this, but not having much luck finding good, sourced answers (as opposed to opinion / anecdotal / etc. ). Possible to point me in the right direction regarding differences between the two - and hopefully it will be apparent to a relative rookie why the differences point to Colt Canada superiority.

Many thanks in advance!
    Check in the Colt Canada forums on here, there is lots of info posted by them in there regarding product testing, etc.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fireguy View Post

Many thanks in advance!
    The posts in the colt canada forum here on cgn by user "Colt Canada" are pretty easy to find. They even have several stickied threads telling you all the answers. Pretty good source.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Expried Business Member
    Just got in a new supply of the SA 15.7s, along with some CF Green Furniture sets (both for SA 15.7 and SA 20) .. for those seeking a more military look to their rifles.

Expried Business Member
    Still a few SA20 CF Green sets available

Nice rifles!