Thread: Camping, shooting, question

Camping, shooting, question

Hello All,

I am not sure where to put this as I originally put in Hunting and had only one response and it was not of help to me. I am looking for a camp site that is either in a place I can shoot some targets or very close by a range or some other suitable place to shoot some .22 and a .308

It is my nephews birthday this weekend and I have bought him a 308 as a surprise and all he wants to do it go camping ( since he doesn't know about the gun ) I would like to give him the rifle and then go out shooting it as it sucks to get a present and not even be able to use it. We live around Calgary and would love to know of somewhere that is accessible with a trailer, not crazy far away from us max 4 hours ( hopefully ) and that we can go dirt biking, and shooting.

Your help is greatly appreciated as he is a great kid who never gets to have to much fun on his birthday so this year he has come from Ontario so we can make it the best day he has ever had.
    Money's Money, Business Is Business, I Never Said We Were Friends

I haven't been there but I hear Homestead range at Sibbald Flats has a public range and camping close by...

in a 905 county that prohibits Sunday hunting with guns. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    I don't know the name of the area but it's in the foothills past Spring Bank. River runs through crown land and a public range is just up the road. (Just figured out it's Sibbald Flats i'm talking about)
    Last edited by reddog9x19; 07-03-2014 at 07:29 PM.

in a 905 county that prohibits Sunday hunting with guns. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    Ghost Valley, Range Rd. 74b. just west of Waiparous is another area.
    Last edited by reddog9x19; 07-03-2014 at 07:29 PM.