Thread: Issues with Win 8.1 and Explorer 11?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Papaclaude's Avatar

Issues with Win 8.1 and Explorer 11?

This is probably not the right place to post, but I didn't know where to put it. I just bought a new machine with win 8.1 and Explorer 11 (and you guys think Marlinton sucked? Hah - try this masterpiece from gates and Co.). I can't seem to get the CGN site to display properly. Has anyone else had this? How do you fix it? I tried Compatibility View, and it's better, but not good.
    It's important to have a good vocabulary. If I had known the difference between the words 'antidote' and 'anecdote,' one of my good friends would still be alive.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brordo's Avatar
    I'm using 8.1 (64bit) and ended up removing IE11 and going to Firefox. I found too many issues with webpages (not just CGN) when I used IE. The only issue I sometimes run into with FF is that when I click the reply button nothing happens (but only occasionally).
    μολὼν λαβέ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Papaclaude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brordo View Post
    I'm using 8.1 (64bit) and ended up removing IE11 and going to Firefox. I found too many issues with webpages (not just CGN) when I used IE. The only issue I sometimes run into with FF is that when I click the reply button nothing happens (but only occasionally).
    I should try FF again. On my Win 7 machine, I had quit using Chrome because it kept crashing on me, but I haven't used FF on a Microsoft machine in ages. I have it on a Linux box, and it is great. Thanx.
    It's important to have a good vocabulary. If I had known the difference between the words 'antidote' and 'anecdote,' one of my good friends would still be alive.

My Windows 8 has a classic version too. If I log onto the internet from there I can access my banking and other sites that wont work on the regular. Don't ask why. I do cars not computers... Worst thing ever windows 8

BANNED
    FF here with Win 8.1 handles everything fine I stopped using Explorer years ago..

1st off, switch from IE... Worst browser you can get...Get FF, I also like chrome but FF is my preference. If that doesnt resolve your issue try compatability mode on it like you did for IE.. and if that doesnt work.....I dont know lol... Make sure your RSS feeds are enabled in your browser maybe? (That RSS thing is a TOTAL shot in the dark btw, check as last resort... Hope you get it working!

Internet explorer is garbage. I've used Firefox, but I much prefer Chrome.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"